Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished up my DIY Fender Eliminator and I have to say I'm pretty ******************** proud of the job. Cost me $35 because I had to buy a pair of sheers. Would have been about $20 in materials which included the following:

6"x24" Aluminum sheet (approximately 24 gauge)
2 x Steel L Brackets

I started out with the Hotbodies FE video on Youtube to disassemble everything. Once I got to the bare bones I started fitting things together to assess my needs and wants, and figured out a way to get everything nice and tight looking. The hardest part was drilling the holes in the brackets for the turn signals.

The biggest gripe I had with most DIY FEs out there is that they left the underside open and exposed. I was able to figure a way to re-use the stock undertail fairing, which keeps everything covered up and clean looking.

I cut and bent the aluminum sheets to make a quick and easy license plate bracket, and then just kept test fitting until I got the right shape to get the plate nice and snug. Had to cut the undertail fairing, but left enough to provide some protection from the elements and also some support to the plate. Drilled holes in the undertail to mount the turn signals and run the wires.

Once I had all the problems worked out, I took everything apart and started the final assembly including reconnecting the electrical wiring. Once I had everything plugged in and tested it was just a matter of reversing the steps to get it all back together. Didn't run into any problems and got it all closed up very easily. Looks great too:

Reactions: GodSon and Phil A

·
Registered
830 Posts
I like the mod for the turn signals...guess I'll be copying you when the stock stuff gives up...Thanks!

Reactions: Peach

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah gotcha I know here in IL we do have to have it so I'll have to figure someway to make it work with the original light
I don't have the plate light at the moment, but there is DEFINITELY space just above the license plate to mount a couple small LEDs. I think two or three white LEDs just inside the fairing above the plate would work like a charm. Just run the wires back to the plug and you'd be golden.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts