Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today my father rode my bike up to the high school and let me have a go at it, I wasn't really nervous, maybe because of how many pointers I have heard from people without even being on the bike yet.
Anyway, I started out doing low speed turns around the parking lot, then as I got more comfortable I switched from left hand turns to right hand turns (I dont know if im the only one, but left hand turns have always seemed to be easier for me to lean into compared to right turns) I was quite surprised how simple it was to navigate the bike, i looked where i wanted to go and wallah the bike went there!
I feel like i got the hang of it pretty quick, however it seems like the throttle is very very touchy between open and closed, even if i try to be smooth with it.
Theres a decent straight line and I got up to about 4th gear before i had to downshift for a u turn. The only problem i really had was missing a few gears, but i think thats partially due to my bulky tennis shoes i had on.
I cant wait to get back on the bike, my MSF course is this coming weekend so I feel more confident now that I have at least ridden a bike a small amount.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Good for you:D. Everyone has a prefered turn, right or left. As far as the throttle is concerned, it is not touchy at all, I think you will get used to it. Sync between throttle and clutch. I had the clutch dialed up a bit cause I had to let it almost out completely before I felt the friction zone. The set up of the ceebee is geared for new riders, but one can adjust for preference. Keep it up and have fun.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after driving my jeep back home, i realized once i can legally ride this thing, its not going to be easy to separate us lol

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
That's because most of America's roadways are crafted with left hand turns.

'Tis normal.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Congratulations!! I'm the same way too but slowly getting better. For some reason I feel MUCH more at ease leaning it way over in a left turn than a right. Yeah I love my jeep too but this bike is SOOOO much more fun and I absolutely love riding it every chance I get. I'll have had my bike three weeks this thursday and already have over 700 miles on it and I've put a hair over a 100 on my wifes!! LOL

·
Registered
305 Posts
Great feeling isn't it?! I was super nervous last Thurs for my first ride in the neighborhood. Then after the course on Sat we went riding and like bam! It was all natural. The repetition works. You will be exhausted after Sat though. Course goes pretty slow but that's a good thing. Better to feel bored than overwhelmed. After the first day on the range, you'll know how to control the throttle. I had a big problem with that before the class. Also with shifting correctly. I thought that you could go from first to any gear if you pushed up too hard so I was scared to shift up. Didn't realize that you have to shift up all the way to switch gears each time. Good luck on your course this weekend and congrats to the first ride! Makes you feel like a lil bad ass doesn't it? Lmao

·
Registered
630 Posts
I feel like i got the hang of it pretty quick, however it seems like the throttle is very very touchy between open and closed, even if i try to be smooth with it...
I found this at first on the bike I did the pre-learner course on and this bike as well. I just couldn't get it a "little" open. Until I realised it's not a touchy throttle - it's just learning those fine motor skills of the wrist I've never had to use before (Umm, OK that sounds sooo wrong, but you get the idea!). As someone else said, holding a bit of clutch can help as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts