Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, new cibby2fitty owner here. I got my red/black one on Tuesday, been riding as much as weather and wife permit lol.

This is my first bike also. I do have a classic 1981 Honda CB900F in my shop for a full remodel treatment, but I havnt rode it since coming into my possesion. I havnt gotten much done on it so far, as I was waiting for tax money to buy parts and tools. Well, tax money came and the weather has been so good that I wanted something to ride now. I have been looking at the 250's since last year and kept talking myself out of it. My will wasnt too good this time and I purchased :)

No Regrets, Im loving it!!! I bought the red one because I didnt like the look of the black/silver model, just a personal preference. I will eventually get to some mods, but Im in no rush at all. I like the idea of shaving some weight in some places and dressing up some cosmetic issues I have. One of the first things will be to paint the silver exhaust shield, flat black. I did try the airbox cover mod for a couple of days and just put it back on today. I dont mind the sound too much, it is what it is, but I do like the look and weight savings of a slip-on, but not the "dirt bike" sound....maybe down the road sometime.

Lots of good info on this site, and proud to be a new member.....safe riding everyone!!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings j4bberwocky,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your New cbr. More smiles to miles in your Future.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Welcome. Hey, The AOP...post pics with an update on your 2-bros. Do you plan on keeping the silencer in?? They're quite loud but its a nice looking exhaust. (stock is :p bleck:p)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure I can justify the expense of getting a big name brand exhaust just yet. I have a bid in on bbr's homemade slip-on, which I think sounds pretty good.
http://www.cbr250.net/forum/honda-cbr250-general-discussion/3299-selling-my-pipe.html

I was going to paint my stock heat shield black, but his is already black and a little louder with a nice sound IMO. My other option is going with a new Danmoto GP for about $150 shipped. I think the Jisu sounds ok, but I like the look of the titanium GP for a few dollars more.

Im learning something new everyday here, and by the time I start to really upgrade my bike there will be even more options.

One of the best things Ive done so far, is adjust the slack in the throttle. I stalled it multiple times the first couple of days, and I believe the 1/2 to 3/4 inch freeplay was the problem :) She responds a little more predictable now, and Im loving it.

Im still getting comfortable on the bike and my wife wants to ride sooooo bad. Not sure Im ready for a passenger just yet, but soon.

·
Registered
534 Posts
You've gotta be the luckiest man alive! Riding a quad for a living has got to make you look forward to work every day instead of dreading it like 99% of the population (me included) do.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
You've gotta be the luckiest man alive! Riding a quad for a living has got to make you look forward to work every day instead of dreading it like 99% of the population (me included) do.
Ummmm....no! lol

Even though I ride a quad, what I am doing is looking for gas leaks. I use equipment that requires me to go 5mph to work properly. A quad at 5mph is a VERY rough ride on pavement, and NO FUN AT ALL. lol

I do get off-road where the ride smooths out, but the speed stays the same. Although, most of the time Im checking the gas line going in one direction, if I have to backtrack, then the fun happens :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Oh ok. Well yeah that kinda sucks then.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts