Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any good bright lightbulbs that don't require any modifications or devices? Personally I prefer a bright white as opposed to the yellowish light that most bulbs throw out.

Are there any good bulbs that DO require modifications or external devices to run them?

· Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
1,075 Posts
Are there any good bulbs that DO require modifications or external devices to run them?
YES (y)(y)(y)The H4 halogen bulb has several advantages over LED bulbs or xenon bulbs. The fact that they do not need any special modifications, they are significantly cheaper than the other two alternatives, their light is strong enough, even sometimes stronger than xenon or LED (depending on the model).

Coordination of expectations: Our problem is due to poor design of the reflector.

These are the parameters that need to be checked and compared:
  • Firma (the Chinese produce bulbs in the same shape and color as quality bulbs, but they are simple incandescent bulbs. Not even a simple halogen).
  • Rated voltage: 12V
  • Power data: 55W/60W
  • Lifespan (in hours).
  • Lighting intensity (in lumens)
  • wavelength (beam color: Yellow==>>White==>>Blue / How much the white colored is?)
  • Mount: H4
  • Price.
Philips (LINK) is the leading manufacturer in the field. Philips does not provide customers with information about the lumen, and they give the light intensity figure in percentages relative to their simple halogen bulb.
In some Philips bulbs you will find a white beam comes at the expense of low power light and a shorter lifespan. And in some cases, in the expensive bulbs, it is possible to combine high performance in each of the parameters.
Product Gesture Font Communication Device Gadget
Font Electronic device Electric blue Machine Advertising

This is the bulb I'm currently using (7USD): Philips Vision +30%
I've already had a ride with that bulb at night and it's a good bulb.
Product Font Material property Poster Advertising

And this week I also buy this bulb (10USD): Philips VisionPlus +60%
Product Purple Font Material property Automotive lighting
Purple Font Magenta Material property Violet

• Helpful
Reactions: BG44 and Big Cahuna

· Registered
1,075 Posts
I am not a Philips agent.
P.S.
Every time the companies come up with new names and new packaging for their old products. I think that there have been no innovations in the halogen field for over a decade. So, don't care about the name of the product, you need to check its specifications.
Product Automotive lighting Font Audio equipment Microphone

Reactions: BG44 and Big Cahuna

· Registered
126 Posts
I have a Xenon bulb, it's extremely bright but I got a few for free from my dad. If I didn't get the freebies I don't think I'd install them, the ballast and setup are a headache for the price imo. Still a big upgrade compared to the philips halogen I previously had but halogens can be brighter depending on the model like Tamir said and if there is a halogen as bright as my Xenon bulb I'd just go with halogen.
I have no experience with LED bulbs other than blinkers.

Not the best video to show it but here's the brightness of the Xenons:

I will say there's a cool and old school feel about Xenon bulbs, the fact that you can the Xenon burning brighter the longer its on, the light pattern shifting as the Xenon burns irregularly... has this early 2000' ls tuning feel to it and I kinda dig it heheh

· Registered
1,075 Posts
...Xenon bulb, it's extremely bright...
Yes
... but halogens can be brighter depending on the model like Tamir said ...
(y):)Thanks
...Not the best video to show it but here's the brightness of the Xenons:
The cameras, all of them, see the image in a different wavelength than our eyes see. Sometimes they emphasize details, sometimes they show us something that the human eye does not see, and all their automatic mechanisms completely disrupt reality on the subject: Brightness and Wavelength.
Every Samsung camera landscape shot will be a poster for National Geographic(y):D
LIKE To 0:33
Font Automotive lighting Advertising Graphics Brand

· Registered
21 Posts
Are there any good bright lightbulbs that don't require any modifications or devices? Personally I prefer a bright white as opposed to the yellowish light that most bulbs throw out.

I have been searching for same. From what people are talking about Nighteye and Autobahn are two companies that make H4 LED bulb that are direct fit to CBR250R with minimal mods. I am yet to try either of them but I think will order the Nighteye model.

· Registered
1,075 Posts
I have been searching for same. From what people are talking about Nighteye and Autobahn are two companies that make H4 LED bulb that are direct fit to CBR250R with minimal mods. I am yet to try either of them but I think will order the Nighteye model.
But if you already invest in adjustments modifications at LED bulb,
why, as someone who lives in India, why don't you try to make modification to the 2018 model LED headlight (LINK to nkmotors). I've been trying for some time to check how I can import this item from India to Israel, and I can't figure it out:
Product Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot
Automotive lighting Font Recipe Cuisine Motor vehicle

· Registered
21 Posts
But if you already invest in adjustments modifications at LED bulb,
why, as someone who lives in India, why don't you try to make modification to the 2018 model LED headlight (LINK to nkmotors). I've been trying for some time to check how I can import this item from India to Israel, and I can't figure it out:
View attachment 46063 View attachment 46064
I would want to start small initially. So the bulb replacement needs the minimal amount of work/mods to make it work. If the output is nice then I would stick to it. If the LED dont perform as expected then I would simply try upgrading with aux lights and then at last would be the LED headlight upgrade from later model.
From what I heard and read the LED head unit requires some mods to wire and even after that there are certain caveats with its working.

· Registered
1,075 Posts
I would suggest to go for smaller two aux lamp (30W each)
(y)
I would simply try upgrading with aux lights
(y)
Friends, the idea is very good and convincing.
Do you have any recommendation for a certain W5W bulb?
Because all Philips 5W5 T10 bulbs are around 50 Lumens (Only).
The differences are only in the wavelength (in the color of the lighting).
I am currently with the "Vision" model (in the photo circled in red):
Font Electric blue Electronic device Machine Electronics accessory

· Registered
1,075 Posts
Here is a video on the brightness of my Xenon main bulb.
Should give some idea of what to expect from these.
KeepTheFeather It is clear that your xenon bulb is better than a regular halogen bulb (not improved halogen).
I remembered that I had a video of the regular halogen bulb, so I uploaded it to YouTube too.

I'm just mentioning that the automatic cameras make it very difficult to compare. In fact, any comparison between two videos, even if they were taken with the same camera, is not serious (because of the automatic compensation mechanisms that these cameras have, and the wavelength that they shoot, which is different from what our eyes see).

Reactions: goool89

· Registered
126 Posts
Cameras have a dynamic aperture so footage will never be equal to our eyes looking at the real world, plus a whole bunch of other factors, however it can give an idea of the color, reach and brightness expected. Just don't expect forensic margins of error ;)

I do want to try an upgraded halogen, it sounds like a very good alternative.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts