Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my new bike, but feeling unstable and not secure since I am on my tip toes @ a stand still. I am only 5'2 so the bike is a little tall for me.

Any suggestions on lowering the supension or customizing my seat on the bike?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you could try shaving the sides of the seat first to see if that helps before you put any money into it?

Thank you for your suggestion. I read some of your comments on some other postings about learning to balance the bike I think I am going to try both...shaving the sides of the seat and learn to balance the bike too. You ROCK! Much thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lowering

Honda Gold Wing - YouTube

Good luck with that.
I wont say anything about KISS riding boots.
Brian, thanks for the video with the Gold Wing and the link to Lowering. The video was very entertaining and I have some reading to do with The Lowering. For now, I am going to do what DoubleGirl suggested shaving the sides of the seat.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thank you for your suggestion. I read some of your comments on some other postings about learning to balance the bike I think I am going to try both...shaving the sides of the seat and learn to balance the bike too. You ROCK! Much thanks!
no prob! i recommend using a turkey carver, made things much easier. i'm on my tip toes too, i've been flirting with the idea of getting the icon super duty boots because they have a pretty thick sole

·
Registered
354 Posts
Good idea, if the seat makes it workable, I believe it is best not to lower the bike and reduce suspension travel. Then later if you do optimize the suspension you have full travel to work with. I dont know about lowering links, but race tech claims they are not the answer. The main reason I quote them, is the owner of race tech puts out a lot of information, there are othr companies that can proably do the same thing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no prob! i recommend using a turkey carver, made things much easier. i'm on my tip toes too, i've been flirting with the idea of getting the icon super duty boots because they have a pretty thick sole

Good morning DoubleRGirl,

Icon Super Duty boots...okay, I will look into this too. Anything that will help me to be stable when stopping would be good. Happy Friday and Weekend to you!!

Toni

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brian,

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I really appreciates all ideas and suggestions from everyone on this forum. I am so happy to be connected to other riders and share the same passion.

Happy Friday and weekend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been told that Honda has an OEM lowering replacement link,
available through your local dealer...the part # is 52475-KYJ-900 - ROD SUB-ASSY

Worth a try....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FangShui, thanks so much for the info. I am going to call my local dealer and check if they have it......!!

Went for a 70 miles ride yesterday evening and it was awesome! It was a little bit cold 7:30 came around but it was still good to out there.

Great weekend to you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts