Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

Been lurking here a while as I still don't have my M1/M2 yet due to winter (already signed up for the MSF course this spring), and am 99% sure I'll be getting a CBR250RA once it's time to pull the trigger.

With that said, I've always been a fanatic when it comes to keeping my cars detailed/clean/spotless, to the point that NOTHING touches the paintwork unless necessary. In looking at bikes, I was absolutely sold on a gas cap ring-mounted tank bag, like one of the following:

Bags-Connection Daypack II - webBikeWorld

Low and beyond however, when looking at a CBR250R in the flesh the other day, I noticed there are no visible screws around the gas cap at all.

Has anyone managed to get one of these to work on their bike? I've even went as far as to flip through the service manual on CBR250.org to see if that ring is replaceable (and maybe I could drill it, and replace it when I sell), but couldn't really find anything.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I should add with a bit more reading I see the CBR250R has a removable vs flip-up gas cap, hence why no bolts. Now I'm wondering if it is possible to drill the gas cap (making sure it is clean and there is no gas on it at all), or if anyone makes an aftermarket flip-up for the bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The gas cap is my only gripe about the CBR250. Not happy about a removable cap... I'd pay more to have a mounted flip-up system but, that would be a difficult after market system to acquire.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The gas cap is my only gripe about the CBR250. Not happy about a removable cap... I'd pay more to have a mounted flip-up system but, that would be a difficult after market system to acquire.
LOL I know...I must have spent a few hours after posting looking to see if I could find one (something that screws in to the OEM threads, but has a ring with screws I could use), and couldn't find a single thing.

Starting to think my only option will be to 'clearbra' the gas tank...that way at least I'll know the paint is ok, and can either hope for a better alternative in future, or peel it off when it comes time to sell/trade up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just get a tailbag. They don't get in the way like tank bags do.
Nothing will get scratched on the tail end, at least mine didn't.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just get a tailbag. They don't get in the way like tank bags do.
Nothing will get scratched on the tail end, at least mine didn't.
I might -- Was looking at both the fastpack and the corsport tailbag. Given the added issues getting on and off with a bag though I'd still like the tank bag for the small things (cell, keys, garage remote, etc), but I might have to go tailbag then wait and see.

·
Registered
879 Posts
magnetic tank bags are ok to use..havent scuffed or scratched the paint on mine one tiny bit and I have used mine a whole lot, I take it with me whenever I leave home for more than just a ride around town or to work
I also use a magnetic tank bag. Never had any problems at all with scuffing or scratching. Dont buy a cheap P.O.S. And youll be fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts