1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
724 Posts
I use to have one for my 03 ZX9. Its a firm seat, not much different than stock as far as cushion. It will be wider and lower than stock seat so buy it with a return policy because it might not work for everyone's body. For me it was pretty good because I'm only 5 feet 6 and it made touching the ground easier at stoplights.

Would I buy one for the 250r. No, the cbr seat is excellent as is, but thats just me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will be wider and lower than stock seat so buy it with a return policy because it might not work for everyone's body. For me it was pretty good because I'm only 5 feet 6 and it made touching the ground easier at stoplights.
I'm 5'4" so I wouldn't mid a lower seat at all. But the Corbin is 30" tall and I believe that's the same height as the CBR250R seat-- anybody know? Am I right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you do that? That is amazing. I know how to do a screencast-- I use Jing--- but how you did what you did, I don't know.

Well, it worked. I clicked on the link and voila! lot's of stuff about Corbin seats. And... now I know how to Google specific topics on CBR.net.

THANKS!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I'm 5'4" so I wouldn't mid a lower seat at all. But the Corbin is 30" tall and I believe that's the same height as the CBR250R seat-- anybody know? Am I right?
I believe the Corbin website states that their seat will actually be about 1/2" higher than the stock seat but it is sloped at the front to make it easier to stand when stopped...dont know if its sloped lower on the front than the stock or not because an extra 1/2" wasnt an issue for me

·
Registered
193 Posts
Love mine. Black 'Elephant' leather seat w/ yellow carbon fiber vinyl side panels. Black welt on both sides and Corbin logo (in black) on both sides too.

Sorry 'bout the poor quality photos. A dark garage w/ camera flash does not a good picture make.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Funny I just posted about mine in the general discussion forum. Nice seat though the screw holes on the tabs in back confused me when I went to put it on. Not sure what they're for but it isn't for attaching the seat with the same screws that attach the stock seat - they don't come close to lining up with the holes in the bike, off in both planes and by more that an inch to the rear. Still, the seat pops in just fine and is rock solid and very comfortable. It' s quite hard which seems disconcerting at first but once you ride on it you realize its an excellent design.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Funny I just posted about mine in the general discussion forum. Nice seat though the screw holes on the tabs in back confused me when I went to put it on. Not sure what they're for but it isn't for attaching the seat with the same screws that attach the stock seat - they don't come close to lining up with the holes in the bike, off in both planes and by more that an inch to the rear. Still, the seat pops in just fine and is rock solid and very comfortable. It' s quite hard which seems disconcerting at first but once you ride on it you realize its an excellent design.
Something aint right...my corbin was a simple switch and screwed right down,the tabs lined right up like they were supposed to..maybe your seat isnt positioned right for some reason...

this is copied from the Corbin website:
Front and rear seats install like stock with brackets included and premounted on the saddles.
Because of how closely the Corbin saddle fits to the tank and bodywork, it may be helpful to install the front seat by sliding it rearward under the loops on the chassis, then lower the nose and slide forward to engage the tongue.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Something aint right...my corbin was a simple switch and screwed right down,the tabs lined right up like they were supposed to..maybe your seat isnt positioned right for some reason...

this is copied from the Corbin website:
Front and rear seats install like stock with brackets included and premounted on the saddles.
Because of how closely the Corbin saddle fits to the tank and bodywork, it may be helpful to install the front seat by sliding it rearward under the loops on the chassis, then lower the nose and slide forward to engage the tongue.
I took it off twice (at about 48 F up here it's not a great day for riding anyhow).
Bottom line - it is possible to have the slots totally unaligned and yet have the seat fit in a fashion that appears snug, rock solid, and perfectly flush. It is also possible to have the screw holes aligned and yet have the seat obviously misfitted. I managed to accomplish both of these outcomes before manipulating the seat into the desited configuration. I'm now screwed in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts