Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody been able to solve the 5 - 5.5k rattle yet? My bike's rattling is getting on my nerves at the moment.. Its makes a "korrrrr" type sound exactly at 5000rpm. Something needs to be done quickly to get this problem solved..

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
They make electric motorcycles now you might like.

Reactions: NatMat

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I think the solution to the 5k rattle problem can be found in the Street Bike Audio Systems thread.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Stalling shuts it up too.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Many have.

Usually done with lubing and tightening all the bolts around the front of the bike. Putting in adhesive foam strips between the top of the headlight and the faring. And cleaning and lubing your chain.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I emphasised the rattle with the glorious sound of Akrapovic.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I took mine to Honda on Friday. The mechanic test drove it and said the engine sounded fine. He noticed the instrument pannel / windshield area had a distinct buzz starting at 6k RPMs. I too noticed a "rattling" sound at 5k-5.5k RPMs. I don't know if he wasn't intently listening for what I hear, or whether he was specifically verifying it was an engine issue, but this may very well be an issue of ...

Usually done with lubing and tightening all the bolts around the front of the bike. Putting in adhesive foam strips between the top of the headlight and the faring. And cleaning and lubing your chain.
You're not alone, and many of us are awaiting a definitive/detailed answer.

·
Registered
329 Posts
My front fairing started to sligthly vibrate after 3 hours highway riding.
It's awesome how I don't hear the rattle anymore :p
I will tighten the bolts and possibly fill the gaps with foam...
The bike runs smooth, as long as it keeps going I am fine.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Lots of friction points will all that plastic. Maybe spray some silicone lube between them, and around the dash area where it meets the fairing. Take off each bolt, spray lube on it and tighten it back up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many have.

This does not at all sound like a chain problem or the fairing. It definitely feels like its coming from the top half of the engine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Look up the purpose of a harmonic dampener and you'll understand. I think it's called the "natural frequency." Everything has it. Get to that frequency and stuff will shake.

Not sure if it's related, but it'd be my best guess.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
This does not at all sound like a chain problem or the fairing. It definitely feels like its coming from the top half of the engine.
Don't worry newb, everything sounds like an engine rattle to those who don't understand the science of sound, harmonies and amplification.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't worry newb, everything sounds like an engine rattle to those who don't understand the science of sound, harmonies and amplification.

I js hope its js a vibration from somewere.. I previously had the indian made 250 nd never heard this type of rattle...

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Pretty sure it said 4 stroke single in the sales brochure.

Have any of you rattlers ever ridden a Husky, KTM, Husaberg etc? Then you'll really know about harmonics of a single at certain revs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pretty sure it said 4 stroke single in the sales brochure.

Have any of you rattlers ever ridden a Husky, KTM, Husaberg etc? Then you'll really know about harmonics of a single at certain revs.
Here in nepal, we got plenty of singles and i have owned 220 cc single and didnt have any of this sort of rattle. This is complete different

·
Registered
221 Posts
Tighten your clutch leaver if its loose.

Don't have anything on your keyring it makes noises.

Wear ear plugs, problem solved...

·
Registered
501 Posts
And don't worry newb... everybody else here knows it's absolutely impossible for "sounds, harmonics, and amplification" to emanate from, and occur within, an engine. ;)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I've got a 2012, and to be honest, as my bike is breaking in, my "5k rattle" is going away. The windshield/gauges are starting to buzz at 6k, but the 5k rattle is calming down. Is your bike broken in yet? A lot of us have brand new bikes.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts