Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Honda has some special Tissues left over from Stacey Moners pit garage for all whiners.

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts
Yes, yes, and yes... all you have to do is close your eyes and click your heels three times, and all your wishes will come true...

Except for what someone at Honda told you... that will always be complete BS. Really, what could they possibly know about one of their products? Lesson learned, next time I'll talk to someone at KTM, about the CBR.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yes, yes, and yes... all you have to do is close your eyes and click your heels three times, and all your wishes will come true...

Except for what someone at Honda told you... that will always be complete BS. Really, what could they possibly know about one of their products? Lesson learned, next time I'll talk to someone at KTM, about the CBR.
I take mine for service to a local gypsy witch doctor. She does all kinds of vodoo on it.

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts
Wonder if I should run a synthetic blanket.
I wouldn't... way to slippery, especially when wet. Honda tried the this and some of the little CBR's caught really, really bad colds. They had to stay inside, all couped up. Some even had to have their wheels Plasti-dipped.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
For those who insist that the "rattle" is internal to the motor, and that at any moment it could blow itself up to kingdom come... Good news is forthcoming!!! Honda has developed and is testing, a solution to "put to bed" once and for all this pesky rattle issue. It is... drum roll, please... a blanket. Yes indeed, a nice soft & snuggly, fully quilted blanket to wrap around the motor, to keep it quiet. Testing has shown that CBR engines wrapped in blankets are 73.0256% quieter than CBR's running around unfettered and howling at high RPM's, causing all sorts of ruckus. Honda is pleased to announce that, pending approval of the prototype blanket by the bean counter's, this great new profit center for the company will be released to the gullible... er, general public, in a wide array of pleasing colors. But wait... if you order right now Honda will throw in, at an additional charge, another rattle to replace the first rattle eliminated by the blanket, plus a spare rattle. That's right... two rattles for the price of, one slightly overpriced rattle and blanket. Order in the next ten minutes and...

Offer void where prohibited, except for Phuket, Thailand and a couple of those "stan" countries. See your local dealership (stealership in some backwater parts of the US) for details. And remember, only you can prevent enjoyment of your motorcycle.

The rattle could be due to the cam chain tensioner getting faulty

·
Registered
501 Posts
Those of us who are on our 10th or 15th bike... What the hell do we know?
Just because one is on his 10th or 15th bike doesn't mean his hearing is worth a sh!t, or has diagnostic abilities, or even that he knows much. The more people loudly proclaim they know, the less they usually do.

A fellow CBR250 rider pulled up at the local motorcycle accessory shop next to my CBR. I asked him if he had the engine rattle. He said no. I started my bike up and brought the throttle slowly up to about 4500 RPM. Smooth as beans, then at 4500 RPM the first sharp abnormal "raps" started coming from the top end. I thought I would have to point it out to him, but he indicated he heard it before I even uttered the first word. We started his bike, brought it up to similar RPM, and it began to emit the similar rap. He cursed me. I said I empathized with him, but in a sick way it somehow made me feel better.

He's not on his 15th bike, or even his 10th bike. The CBR is only his first bike, yet this newbie still manages to have better hearing than some of the self-proclaimed big-mouths, er... "experts" here who seem to have nowhere else to go, or nothing else to do in their pathetic lives other than continue to contribute nothing useful to a thread. Or, maybe he's less interested in proving he knows it all, and still in that phase where one is still receptive to learning.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just because one is on his 10th or 15th bike doesn't mean his hearing is worth a sh!t, or has diagnostic abilities, or even that he knows much. The more people loudly proclaim they know, the less they usually do.

A fellow CBR250 rider pulled up at the local motorcycle accessory shop next to my CBR. I asked him if he had the engine rattle. He said no. I started my bike up and brought the throttle slowly up to about 4500 RPM. Smooth as beans, then at 4500 RPM the first sharp abnormal "raps" started coming from the top end. I thought I would have to point it out to him, but he indicated he heard it before I even uttered the first word. We started his bike, brought it up to similar RPM, and it began to emit the similar rap. He cursed me. I said I empathized with him, but in a sick way it somehow made me feel better.

He's not on his 15th bike, or even his 10th bike. The CBR is only his first bike, yet this newbie still manages to have better hearing than some of the self-proclaimed big-mouths, er... "experts" here who seem to have nowhere else to go, or nothing else to do in their pathetic lives other than continue to contribute nothing useful to a thread. Or, maybe he's less interested in proving he knows it all, and still in that phase where one is still receptive to learning.
The more I learn the less I know. Somebody smart once said that, but I wasn't listening well enough to remember;) I remind myself daily to approach things with a child's mind; open to possibilities, making no assumptions and to really hear. Isn't it amazing how many people will tell you what you're hearing?

I watched a show about an Iraqi dude who set up a booth where 'mericans could ask him about his experience in Iraq. Wouldn't you know it, most of them, who had never been there, told him what was happening in his country!

I'll never understand some people's unfounded confidence in themselves and their limited experience! 10-15 motorcycles is not a statistically significant sample no matter what you think. Maybe if it was 10-15 2011 CBR250R's...

Has anyone recorded the sound?

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Has anyone recorded the sound?
Don't ask silly questions. :rolleyes:

If you want to hear it just loosen up a few bolts, say the tank bolt, an engine mount bolt or two. Hair-dryer your chain til it's dryer than a camel's arse and then throw some grit and crap on it. Then go for a ride.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Pretty sure is says '4 stroke single' in the sales brochure.
Dont know what you rattlers are worried about.

Combined with an Akrapovic it plays a beautiful tune rattling out a crisp thumping sound at full song.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Mine's looking that way - My next oil change i going to have it swapped out (If it's not costly).
I had the cam chain tensioner changed today. The company did this under warrenty but the rattle has not been solved..the mechanic said its due to something called shims..does anybody know what that means

·
Registered
49 Posts
The tensioner is inexpensive... how did you reach the conclusion that is the source of the "rattle"?
My Dealer worked on/tweaked the tensioner and was able to change the rattle to smaller window and at a higher RPM. From the results I think they increased the tension. But I will say again it appears that there can be multiple points of rattles on the CBR250 this is just for my specific bike. It's just another data point to someone to look at.
But I wish I had known it was easily replaced and cheap I would have changed it then. They didn't let me know what they did until they gave it back to me. In the end they reported it was all they can do and it is Ok for this engine.

41 - 60 of 143 Posts