Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Tahir. There's a few long threads about it in which there's plenty of advise to follow.
And Tahir, if you follow the advice in those threads (if you haven't already) but you still have the rattle, it's not a problem or it doesn't exist, according to the ever-so-helpful guru's here.

You... come across as uneducated and obtuse when it comes to the basics of sound and amplification.
It's simply amazing how you were able to diagnose the rattle which you are convinced my engine doesn't emit.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've got (a) suggestion for you TURBO DEVIANT... get yourself into a shrink and get that loose screw in your head tightened up.
(You) come across as uneducated and obtuse when it comes to the basics of sound and amplification.
Thanks to the help of Beavis and Butthead here (you two can argue over who is whom), I think I've finally got it. Ahem (clears throat)... "Hi, my name is Turdo, and I'm a rattleholic. The rattle I hear while riding my CBR is the sound of the loose screw in my head being subject to the basic laws of sound amplification." :D

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hadn't heard that one before, but its very true. So Turbo, what do you do for a living? Engineer?
Two years of college-level engineering courses in anticipation of acquiring the engineering degree which my (late) dad was so proud that finally his sixth and final child was going to follow in his mechanical engineering footsteps. Lesson one: Don't pick a college major just to make your parent proud. By the time I got to differential equations, I had to face the fact my heart wasn't in the whole engineering thing, so switched majors to electronic technology with minor in microprocessor systems. Got into the industry, and all was good until, it seems, half the jobs were sent out of the country, and the other half got snatched up by foreign nationals visiting here to cash in on the gravy train. (Entire extended families in other countries can live like royalty on the money that just one family member wires back home to them. Who cares if US currency is disappearing outside the US? We'll just print more.) Then, when my employer announced it would no longer offer health insurance benefits to my family (wife), my wife's employer announced around the same time that it would no longer offer health insurance benefits to her, and she had just begun chemotherapy treatment for cancer, I decided it was time to position myself in an industry which was (a) more stable, and (b) offered secure health care benefits. So I went back to school to study medicine, did two externships back to back, and got hired right out of the second one at the same facility, into a benefitted position, just one month before my wife was going to lose her health care benefits right in the middle of her chemotherapy.

So that's where I'm at now. But even in this field one is not completely safe from the sad state of health care, and it's so-called reform. Obamacare has already mandated that insurance companies must now cover dependents on their parents health care plan until they are 26 years old now, instead of 21. Well, who's going to pay for those five extra years of "free" health care given to millions of "dependents?" (25 years old is a dependent? :confused: I guess so, with so many children moving back into their parents garages during our current Obama years. Funny, not too long ago, during the Reagan years, gargages were used to start a business in, not to live in.) Well, the health care company I work for is currently in talks with the union to renew the five year contract, and an "inside" ex-union steward in my family informed me that the company wants the contract renewed so that part time employees (such as myself at 32 hours) will no longer be eligible for health care benefits, as in, at all, come the end of the year. (Warning: Rant ahead) I am at risk of losing the benefits I had earned, so the company I work for can cover the losses they will incur due to the Obamacare mandate forcing them to give five extra years of health care coverage to those who hadn't earned it. We gotta get used to it. That's the kind of "fairness" nationalized health care creates, folks. How ironic that Obamacare can mandate insurance companies offer free health care to "dependents" until they are 26, but at the expense of stripping the same benefits from those who have already earned it. The responsible folk become the losers, and the takers become the winners. I, for one, am thrilled to have to now work harder just so my neighbors pot-smoking, crack head 21 year old son living at home under his parent's health insurance can now have five more years to live the life of leisure, and has one less reason to have to become educated, and get a job with health benefits that aren't paid for off my back. Anyway, rant aside, so instead of waiting until the end of the year to see which way the new contract goes, I applied for several 40 hour positions, and landed one today at another facility. I figured if management got it's way and cut health care benefits from part-time employees, 40 hour positions would become rare as hens teeth at the end of the year. Think "feeding frenzy." So I kept my lips sealed while looking for a full time position. One can go wherever the wind blows him, or be proactive and realize that the only positive changes which happen are the ones he makes happen.

Ummm, did that answer your question? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah its the front dash that rattles on my bike. Im not sure what to do , i tried tightening up the screws but didnt quite fix it. its like i'd be riding, i reach around 4500 or 5000 rrpm . put my hand on the speedometer and press. the bike sounds butter , as soon as i let go . the dash rattles lol Let me know if anyone can fix it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hopefully the people of this country will snap out of this dream world they think they're in and start to turn around some of these ridiculous programs and get the government out of every detail of our lives. The bigger the government gets, the smaller we get.

·
Registered
323 Posts
yeah its the front dash that rattles on my bike. Im not sure what to do , i tried tightening up the screws but didnt quite fix it. its like i'd be riding, i reach around 4500 or 5000 rrpm . put my hand on the speedometer and press. the bike sounds butter , as soon as i let go . the dash rattles lol Let me know if anyone can fix it.
Try my fix of permatex plastic thread lock and rubber o-rings between the screw and the plastic or metal parts attached to the windscreen. It seems my rattle was coming from one of the screws vibrating loose and allowing the metal part that attaches the windscreen to the dash to vibrate. I like my bike a whole lot better without that rattle, but now I can hear the screw that is vibrating in turboDV8's head! :D

Does it warble like a tiny high pitched didgeridoo?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Turbo, sorry to hear about your plight, I hope things turn around for you and for your wife with her struggle with cancer.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Turbo, sorry to hear about your plight, I hope things turn around for you and for your wife with her struggle with cancer.
Yes, likewise. It's always amazed me though how the richest country in the world doesn't provide free healthcare for its citizens. Most other civilised countries do this, even though they have nowhere near the wealth of America. Then again, maybe that's why America is the richest country in the world? :confused:

·
Registered
488 Posts
USA goes $4 billion more into debt every day. Its now up to $15 going on $16 trillion. The gov't borrows .40 of every dollar it spends.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
USA goes $4 billion more into debt every day. Its now up to $15 going on $16 trillion. The gov't borrows .40 of every dollar it spends.

At least there won't be many free to suffer from it. If the correct imprisonment rate continues how it has done for the past 25 years, in another 25 years over half the population will be behind bars. :D

(or some such fact. perhaps it's only 20 years).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, likewise. It's always amazed me though how the richest country in the world doesn't provide free healthcare for its citizens. Most other civilised countries do this, even though they have nowhere near the wealth of America. Then again, maybe that's why America is the richest country in the world? :confused:
How about the poorest. Why give free healthcare to real citizens when you can come here illegally and get everything for free-ex.-food, money, healthcare, and now college. Arizona alone pays out over 2 billion for illegals. And nobodys healthcare is free you pay for it one way or another don't kid yourself.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
How about the poorest. Why give free healthcare to real citizens when you can come here illegally and get everything for free-ex.-food, money, healthcare, and now college. Arizona alone pays out over 2 billion for illegals. And nobodys healthcare is free you pay for it one way or another don't kid yourself.
I meant free at the point of delivery. We pay for our National Health Service though tax, I do have private medical insurance as well, but that's only because it's a perk I get from the company I work for. I don't need it. Our health service isn't like an insurance policy, where the company can wriggle out of paying, given half a chance, or only pay for so much care, and then that's your lot. It's there when you need it, and free for all, no matter how much, or little you pay into it. We have illegal immigrants here too, but I don't begrudge them healthcare. They are human beings too, and get quite a bad rap a lot of the time. Most of them are here just trying to make a living. Rich people in our well off countries don't seem to mind paying illegals well below minimum wage, and then complain that illegals use our services. In an ideal world, there wouldn't be any illegal immigrants, just legal ones, but the world isn't ideal.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts