Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else out there bought what Honda call either the tail pack or rear seat pannier (the bag that straps to the passenger seat).

I bought one a few weeks ago and have still not used it yet for the main reason that I have been unable to fit it to the seat.

The bag comes with a shoulder strap but no straps for strapping to the seat? This seems to be because it is for more than just one model.

I did order a set of straps from my local dealer, but what he gave me were for the CBR600 which has strap loops already fitted under the seat.

I just want to know what the real straps look like and how they fit the passenger seat. I can't see much space for the straps where the seat meets the fairings though!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Could you just pop the pillion seat off the bike, strap the seat to the bottom of the pannier with the excess straps hidden under the seat, and reattach the seat? As long as the straps fit tight to the seat between the two plastic hooks at the front and the metal latching loop at the back of the seat you should be good to go.

Good lick getting it to fit!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The straps seem to be two-piece type, one strap goes over the seat and one under from what I have gathered. My dealer is yet to supply me with the right straps.
The CBR600 seems to have some straps already riveted to the underside of the pillion seat. The CBR250R does not gave these (at least not mine).

The problem is the space between the seat and the outside fairings. There is not much space for the strap buckles.

·
745 Posts
I got the Cortech Sport Tailbag, it seems to work well. one strap is hooked into the top of the passenger peg bracket, the other to the grab handle

·
Registered
72 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts