Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Love the bike. Only mod I have done is removing air filter cover and painting the heat shield black to go better with the body of my black bike.
However I really don't like the style of the mirrors! To me they look like bug antennae or something... I did a little searching and was only able to find chrome mirrors that would fit our bikes. Anyone seen or know anywhere selling replacement mirrors for the cbr yet?

·
Registered
636 Posts
as far as the mirrors go, i find myself adjusting them every time i go out and if i forget to, they are off and i cant see anything behind me. Making adjustments isnt a cake walk either as you know..so yes im lookinkg into mirrors or what can be done to make these easier to deal with..

·
Registered
278 Posts
I wish that they stuck out further and offered a wider view so that I could see both behind me and reasonably to the side of me... As it is now it seems that can only have one or the other and it's a safety compromise..

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am not thrilled with the antennae.

That said, when I am on the bike and they are adjusted I have no problem with them, they work well, and stay put. But walking around the bike, or looking at them, they seem to really stick out. I will just try to stay on the bike more than off.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Work good

I think the stock mirrors work well. They are big and bright and the stalk style allows them to sit out much wider than most other sport bikes which usually just give you a nice view of your arm. They are made from high quality parts and there is zero shake or buzz in the image. The adjustment friction is very firm so they can't change postion unless you move them which I do twice per commute because I tuck on the highway. Functional mirrors are important on a motorcycle and these offer a safe view of what is behind you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think the stock mirrors work well. They are big and bright and the stalk style allows them to sit out much wider than most other sport bikes which usually just give you a nice view of your arm. They are made from high quality parts and there is zero shake or buzz in the image. The adjustment friction is very firm so they can't change postion unless you move them which I do twice per commute because I tuck on the highway. Functional mirrors are important on a motorcycle and these offer a safe view of what is behind you.
He didn't say they don't work, he said they are ugly

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think the mirror's are ok but soon enough when i find some they will be replaced by bar end mirror's. My brother has a 1050 street triple and has just replaced his they look great and are very functionable.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I want the ones on the modded out K-Speed bike someone posted on here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I thought about the mirrors as well... i don't mind the look of the stock ones but i want a more aggressive look. I will be buying a set of bar mirrors soon and getting some block off plates for the factory location.

we'll see how that goes

·
Registered
518 Posts
Figured I would bring an old topic back to life. I got my bike used from a dealer with scratches on the heat shield and mirror ends (obviously fropped). Now that I've had it a while and have money in my bank account I want to fix these issues. I have had zero luck finding mirrors specifically for the 2011+ 250R but I have heard that many 600RR parts will work. Would mirrors fit for our bigger cousin work do you think? I have found these on ebay and the mounting looks identical to the stock 250R mirrors. Even though they are cheap I dont want to buy if they won't work as I am a broke college student.
Has anyone replaced their mirrors yet?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Figured I would bring an old topic back to life. I got my bike used from a dealer with scratches on the heat shield and mirror ends (obviously fropped). Now that I've had it a while and have money in my bank account I want to fix these issues. I have had zero luck finding mirrors specifically for the 2011+ 250R but I have heard that many 600RR parts will work. Would mirrors fit for our bigger cousin work do you think? I have found
these on ebay and the mounting looks identical to the stock 250R mirrors. Even though they are cheap I dont want to buy if they won't work as I am a broke college student.
Has anyone replaced their mirrors yet?
The whole mirror looks almost identical to stock ones. I'd just go to the dealer. They are very cheap!

Right side mirror

88110-KYJ-305
$18.69
From here www.partspitstop.com or you can take that number to your dealer and order it through them and save on shipping.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts