Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Those e-bay mirrors look like they will angle up too much… I found some mirrors from BikeMaster for $30.00.
Here is what they look like. My bike is dirty in this picture, I got to clean it up and do a photo shoot day....

·
Registered
210 Posts
I wish that they stuck out further and offered a wider view so that I could see both behind me and reasonably to the side of me... As it is now it seems that can only have one or the other and it's a safety compromise..
Me too! I currently have to lean, or tuck an elbow to see behind me. Its a safety issue for me also.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I think the stock mirrors work well. They are big and bright and the stalk style allows them to sit out much wider than most other sport bikes which usually just give you a nice view of your arm. They are made from high quality parts and there is zero shake or buzz in the image. The adjustment friction is very firm so they can't change postion unless you move them which I do twice per commute because I tuck on the highway. Functional mirrors are important on a motorcycle and these offer a safe view of what is behind you.
I agree I have no problem with the stock mirrors. Work great

·
Registered
175 Posts
i think stock mirrors look like the ears of dunbo.
Besides, you cannot see anything if you are changing lanes and leaning. Especially dangerous in high traffic.
bar end mirrors kill the clearance while riding between cars.
so i changed them three times, first found a shitty plastic black one, blur like hell, changed right away. Second one, razor sharp red framed mirrors but one got cracked so bought the same one but black this time. Red one run out of stock still black is also nice and stronger! 22 usd. These all cost me around 50 usd here in Thailand.
Stable mirrors, do not change direction for a long enough time, toured with them and clearance is very good for tight conditions.
fast changing lanes are safer now besides, it is better for high beams and sun but little small.
I must admit though, stock one was the tightest and strongest.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
My shoulders measure 25 inches across. The mirrors on the CBR measure slightly less than 24 inches from inside edge to inside edge. No amount of adjustment is going to solve that problem.

regards
Badger

·
Registered
706 Posts
Push the stalks forward until they are straight out to the side from the mount and you gain some width. Most people have them swept back for a more aero look.
Yesterday I was looking at mine and while I thought they were all the way out, they weren't. Played with them a bit and it makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I adjusted them once when I got the bike (a-la-sendler), and I *like* the stock mirrors... they actually work -- and I'm pretty broad-shouldered (my Ninja buddy wants to replace his, however).

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I have a good view of my armpits. Besides, they look like bug antennae. Mirrors along with the stock exhaust are a major flaw. The 600rr has a nice alternative but doesn't quite fit the 250 frame. PTCary purchased a set of mirrors initially fit for the 600 but felt he cld retrofit on the 250. Much better classy look as well as functionality. I've replaced the exhaust along with other mods. Next is the windscreen and mirrors. After this season, im geting the 600rr. Lust!!! I TELL YOU PURE LUST!!!!!:p

·
Registered
501 Posts
I cant seem to get the **** things positioned in a way that lets me see anything but my arm.
+1

They provide a wonderful view of the inside of my elbow and arm, regardless of how I ahave the arms adjusted. If I want to see what is behind me, I have to either splay my arm away from my body to luck between, or pull it in to look around. That really surprised me after all the reviews seemed to praise the mirrors, and from the way they stick way out, one would imagine they would actually offer a view of behind. Maybe I have chicken wings for arms.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well... a couple weeks later, and I'm modifying my opinion of the stock mirrors. They're ok (still better than the Ninja's), however, I can't see as much as I want to. A recent close call convinced me of that.

So... decided to go with bar-end mirrors. I'm looking at the CRG Hindsight bar end mirrors. They're pricey, but look like they're the ticket.

Any comments? Thoughts? Feedback?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Tomorrow, I'm going bar end mirror. Just the left hand side, we'll see how it works out. Oh, and with a little help from our fellow 250ers, it appears that a single left hand mirror is perefectly legal in CA.

Seen some on Amazon for like $20, stopped by the local shop, the wanted $85!

They look the same to me, I would just cheap out and try the Amazon mirrors.

·
Registered
389 Posts
oh dang! i got a freebee from my buddy.

it's going on today.

i think its a 3".

·
Registered
98 Posts
There are probably few people as wide as I am riding on my 250, my solution, temporary or permanent, yet to be determined, was found in the automotive department at the Walmart store. The have a 2" stick on spot mirror that has the ability to rotate on the axis of itself bringing the view from deep inside to deep outside, I mounted it on the outside of the stock mirror, turned the rotating part so that I could just see my elbow on the inner part of the rotating spot mirror, which gives me, in reality, about a 60 to 70 degree view behind and to the side on both sides of the bike. Ideal, not really, but, $2 wasn't all that expensive to gain a much better view to my rear. My son-in-law is truck driver, and they use spot mirrors all the time to see cagers and bikes so they don't have to pull them out of their tires, that's how I got the idea. It's not the perfect solution, and doesn't release you from actually looking to either side before changing lanes, but it has given me a little extra vision on the sides.
I read somewhere in this forum about running between cars, ARE YOU OUT YOUR EVER LOVING MIND, legal or not, that is just a recipe for disaster!
Personal opinion

Doc

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Like the mirrors on the 600rr but they don"t quite fit the 250 without some extra drilling. At this point I have a wonderful view of my armpits (which is why I groom). Not quite likeing the bar ends but it is a matter of taste:D

·
Registered
455 Posts
im going mirror less. I dont ride it enough to warrant mirrors and I head check religiously.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I'm fine with the stock mirror. I can adjust them well enough to see behind me, but it took awhile. I'm thinking of adding little convex stickons in the corner, if I can find them small enough. I can't quite figue out how I could actually see what's behind me using bar-end mirrors unless I took my eye further off the road than I'm comfortable doing. Maybe I'm just not understanding how they're positioned, though.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Mirrors

This is what I choose. 100% functional! I got the hindged version.
It took a net of 2lbs. off the bike! When I have the bike painted the origonal mounting stock mirror locations will go away...

21 - 40 of 63 Posts