Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading that members are putting back on their stock exhaust because they are not happy with the high dbs of their aftermarket exhaust I was wondering if any can compare or share their experience with aftermarket exhaust that have acceptable levels of noise. Sounds like the Yoshi and 2Bros. are loud. I know there are videos for other exhaust but that doesn't help a whole lot. If anyone has heard some of the other exhaust in comparison to those it might be extremely helpful to alot of us who are considering a new pipe. The M4 and Arrow look like possible alternatives if they are not quite so loud????

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
yoshi

there was one at the Rock Store today !(yes they are open FRI 9:00 to about 2:30 or so) it was not bad he has the baffle in,also has not changed the ECU/ECM bike runs "GREAT":)

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'm hoping Remus will jump in & build something. They usually have pipes that are somewhat within reason in regards to db's.

I picture in my mind a little CBR250R sporting a Remus Hexicone system.
In a perfect world it would have already happened :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't find my 2Bros to be all that loud unless I'm trying to make it loud (e.g. at intersections). It's got a decent throaty rumble that can be loud at high rpms, but if you're running as a gas saver you don't get much past 6k after first gear anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great question STL.

Still waiting for my bike to get here but first order of business will be to eliminate that ugly growth of a stock muffler. Priorities are to clean up the looks and dump weight. If there is pony gain (even a half) that´s icing in the cake. Of course more dB expected, but want to keep it low profile.

Any good product suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a chance to do a side by side comparison with a BSA Gold Star. It looks like the goldie silencer is an adaptably close fit, and at half the ccs but twice the RPM it should be able to handle the gas flow. Repops are available, and it could be just the accessory to set off the rest of the bike, sort of like an ancient pendant in a modern cleavage.

·
Registered
269 Posts
the leo should come with a silencer too which should quiet it down a bit. it makes a big difference in my 600 but completely different bike so i don't know

·
Registered
48 Posts
For all interested - I emailed Thomas at Biohazard Cycles. He replied almost immediately, inside of ten minutes. Says he will check with the manufacturers from his end to see if there is a quiet version now offered or in the works. Best bets - Arrow, LeoVince, Jardine.

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Heard back again from Tom at Biohazard. Jardine responded that their new full system is not bad, partially by virtue of a resonator on the headpipe. This might be a good solution. Tom posted the Jardine response here.

On the strength of the fast responses from Tom and the manufacturer's statement I am going ahead and order this system next week, once I get Tom to accept my Costa Rica bank info...:D I figure it's not too big a leap of faith - the price is right and I'll bet I end up with a much better and more subdued sound than the thousands of backfiring Chinese 125's here with backyard drilled out pipes, and 2-strokes with no muffler whatsoever.

Don't look for a review, pics or sound clip from me for a while - my bike won't be in the country for another month or two. Alas.

·
Registered
879 Posts
The yosh slip on is to loud for me. I am a big fan of yosh as a matter of fact its the only aftermarket exhaust I have ever used. But dam its louder than my R1 was with two slip ons installed. Dont know what it is about this little motor but its hard to keep it quiet. I do have the silencer installed cant even begin to emagine what it would sound like without it.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I would love to hear what the Jardine sounds like.
I want the weight loss that these pipes have but I don't want the massive increase in db levels.

A nice torque curve would be a nice bonus.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
For all interested - I emailed Thomas at Biohazard Cycles. He replied almost immediately, inside of ten minutes. Says he will check with the manufacturers from his end to see if there is a quiet version now offered or in the works. Best bets - Arrow, LeoVince, Jardine.

Stay tuned!
Awesome. I can't wait to see what they come up with to fix the loud decibel issue.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I see the Leo Vince is offered by biohazard now. Anyone try it yet. Come on Biohazard, make us a video, give us a review, an opinion, anything. We might even buy one! What we really want to know is DoubleRGirl right again? Lets hope so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm new here and been trying to gather some info on aftermarket pipes... Db's does seem a problem, but just got word that Akrapovic slip on will be around soon. I await the delivery in the next couple of days. Not sure what to expect, but as they say, the proof is in the pudding... Will try and post some pics and video once installed on my baby...:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
It seems that the LeoVince is EC noise limit approved. It's hard to tell from the videos if it is quieter than the others. Maybe eventually we will see a side by side comparison in the same video or at least have people start showing a Db meter when they do their video.
db meter would be a great idea since video cameras usually auto adjust volume levels.

From the looks of things, the LeoVince seems like it will be the quietest and closest to a stock sound level with the db killer in. I really like the looks of the Arrow, though, and would go that route if it wasn't a lot louder. Also, I would imagine a slip on is going to be quieter than a complete system due to the header?

We really just need some folks that have bought these exhausts to give us their feedback!

1 - 20 of 160 Posts