Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would be for a EU plate. I'm looking for something that looks minimalist but cheap. I see a lot of cheap universal alternatives but I fear they wont look good. Has anyone found a good option for this without paying heaps of cash?

· Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
I tried "cheap" and got a Hotbodies fender eliminator first. Mostly plastic and fell apart after a year. Then I decided to spend the money and buy the metal and much better reviewed Yoshimura fender eliminator. Not only is it worth the price, but it's been on the bike for several years now without a problem.
When you go for "cheap" you usually get what you pay for.

· Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
1,010 Posts
I tried "cheap" and got a Hotbodies fender eliminator first. Mostly plastic and fell apart after a year. Then I decided to spend the money and buy the metal and much better reviewed Yoshimura fender eliminator. Not only is it worth the price, but it's been on the bike for several years now without a problem.
When you go for "cheap" you usually get what you pay for.
And it would be really nice if you also attach a picture.

The topic of cheap products has transferred a major transformation in the last decade.
Most of the patents have expired for decades, and the Chinese who used to be copied without knowledge, today they copied with knowledge in the production of metals and materials etc. The Chinese today are leaders in the IT industry, mobile phones and launch spacecraft into space.
The Chinese have developed an efficient trading method that is very successful:
  • They save on shipping costs
  • They save on quality control
  • They make clever use of castings and cheap manufacturing techniques
  • They copy the best (expired patents)
  • They save on expensive packaging
  • You don't pay them the additional value for the brand
  • And if the product is damaged or did not arrive, etc., a site like AliExpress allows you to get all the money back in a relatively simple dispute procedure and without too many arguments.
  • and the competition that exists between online stores (for example: I bought a new and original OEM ECM for 100 USD)
Therefore, today the price no longer tells us the full story about the quality, and each transaction should be examined according to its specific quality and price. And from my personal experience as an amateur mechanic , the business move led by the Chinese saves me money in the cost of special tools, and in the cost of spare parts. Sometimes hundreds of percent of differences in price. And to be more specific, here is an example:
My CBR250R engine has a Chinese generator installed.

Reactions: KeepTheFeather

· Registered
1,010 Posts
It would be for a EU plate. I'm looking for something that looks minimalist but cheap. I see a lot of cheap universal alternatives but I fear they wont look good. Has anyone found a good option for this without paying heaps of cash?
There is a nice variety, with LED lighting, or leaving the original lamp, in different designs.
And there are measurements so you can measure and check, and maybe make DIY adapter?
It's a personal matter that depends on your taste, and your technical abilities.
I googled "tail tidy for cbr250r" and this is what came out:
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

· Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
There are a huge number of past posts on the subject of fender eliminators in the CBR250.net archives. Certainly enough info and reviews to make an informed decision before buying. A simple search for "fender eliminators" will bring up over 10 years of solutions our members have tried with varying results, including many DIY projects.

· Registered
1,010 Posts
There are a huge number of past posts on the subject of fender eliminators in the CBR250.net archives. Certainly enough info and reviews to make an informed decision before buying. A simple search for "fender eliminators" will bring up over 10 years of solutions our members have tried with varying results, including many DIY projects.
I use the forum search engine a lot. And now I tried your suggestion "fender eliminators" and came to some good posts on the subject. But that's not the point because:
The forum has existed since 2011 and the past 11 years have been dramatic in everything related to the enormous development of YouTube and shopping on websites.
Even so, I searched on YouTube, so now I'll search again, because I didn't find a video that I thought was good enough. I will now search again.
At the moment, if I understood correctly, there are two leading models, and those who want should choose between these two:
Product Font Screenshot Brand Magenta

Product Font Screenshot Technology Multimedia

· Registered
1,010 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the links, the second one actually doesn't look half bad

Allthought from the matching video you sent it seems you need to cut through one of the lowerside plastics 😬 tough decision...

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
007Plate.com has a universal real carbon fiber fender eliminator/plate bracket and it's a plate flipper in one. I have it on a few of my bikes and I really like it
That's actually a pretty cool mod for a bigger bike, but I'm not looking to spend that much on a tail tidy for a little 250. For me this is more of a budget bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts