Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing this bike in my local dealer and I like the looks of it. I'm thinking that it might be a "someday" bike for me, but I'd be interested in what others think about it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I prefer the CB1000R, its a naked street fighter type I guess. Fast bike. Another step up would be the Ninja 650.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like both of those and one or the other may be my next bike (not that I'm anxious to get rid of the 250r, mind you). Thing is that my riding buddies (other than my wife) have Wings or in one case a HD Electra Glide. I'd like to find something that is very comfortable for long hauls, maybe a bit heavier, and has a bit more cargo capacity. I definately do not want to go to a Wing. I like the seating position and the overall looks of my little sportbike. That's whats drawn me toward the VFR. Just want to know what other people here think about it.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
The VFR1200 is a very advanced sport touring bike. ABS and auto trans. But you would have to pay full shot for a 2012 to get traction control. They are giving 2011's away for $12,000. Another truly great Honda that no one wants. I talked to the rep today who tells me Honda will be giving out rides on that and all it's other bikes at Americade.

·
Registered
928 Posts
If you want touring check out the Harley Switchback. Its a Dyna with all the add ons. The windshield and bags are all quick detachable to turn it into a local cruiser. Probaly one of the most comfortable and well balanced bikes Ive sat on. If you can find a new Honda NC700 check that out too.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Not a fan of the V4 motors. Doesnt have great torque or all that fast. Just sounds unique. I rode the VFR800 a long time ago and it was heavy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like the looks of it too. Pretty expensive and not super fast.

Madd-Trapper: "I prefer the CB1000R, its a naked street fighter type I guess. Fast bike."

I prefer the CB1000R too since I just got one. :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
I like the looks of it too. Pretty expensive and not super fast.

Madd-Trapper: "I prefer the CB1000R, its a naked street fighter type I guess. Fast bike."

I prefer the CB1000R too since I just got one. :)
I stopped at the dealer to look at gloves and tank bags and checked out the CB1000R. Think i made a mistake gettin the 250, the CB1000R is sweet. Size and balance is perfect.
Do tell about your impressions of the CB1000R. Pics?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
VFR is a heavy bike, so wouldn't be for me, prefer the CB1000, fast and light. Although the "beaky insect nose" is a turn off. I keep gravitating towards the 600rr:eek:. Whole different animal though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The CB100R is much more bike than I probably need, but it is really torquey and fun to rip around on. Rides well, shifts beautifully, brakes well. It's really nice. Reminds me of my 919, but it's better and smoother on the Fuel Injection. But I only get about 35mpg!

Not sure how to post pics but I'll try.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
The CB100R is much more bike than I probably need, but it is really torquey and fun to rip around on. Rides well, shifts beautifully, brakes well. It's really nice. Reminds me of my 919, but it's better and smoother on the Fuel Injection. But I only get about 35mpg!

OOOOOOOO:p....the 919 yum

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the CB1000r. Nice looking bike. Could also be my "someday" bike. I need to get to be a much better rider, though. (and save my pennies)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
If I had the money, I would definitely pick this up.

This bike has caught my eye for a while, and it is definitely in the running for the next bike I get. I saw it in person at the dealership and really liked it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've test ridden a VFR1200. Very nice bike. Lots of chimmy-chonga. The problem is it's not a very good mount for touring (what it's marketed as). Gas tank is way to small for that. I'd really like to try the DCT version of it though.

Test rode a CB1000F that day as well. What a *BORING* motorcycle. It did everything well, but was SO milk toast bland. I forgot I rode it about 5 minutes after I was off it.

·
Registered
928 Posts

Love that single sided swing arm. You need to make a video of a drag race between the two bikes!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hmmmm...

CBR250R 0-60 about 8 seconds

CB1000R 0-60 about 3 seconds.

But in a long race the 250 would kick its butt.

I really like the 250 a lot.

I have a PCX that I ride around town with too. It's great, but a wrist pin came out and trashed the engine a few weeks ago. Honda is backordered on the parts with no estimate on when they will come in. :mad:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
The early 800cc VFR incarnation was well regarded as an all-rounder, with forgiving handling characteristics.

A guy I used to sometimes work for when I had the CB250RS had one, but I was not at all envious. I had been there, done that with bigger bikes, and knew my quarter litre was all the bike I needed. I could often get places quicker by taking "green lane" short-cuts that he could not consider.

The latest 1200 incarnation with all the bells and whistles just seems a bloated thing. Each to their own, but I wouldn't take one if it was given to me.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I've test ridden a VFR1200. Very nice bike. Lots of chimmy-chonga. The problem is it's not a very good mount for touring (what it's marketed as). Gas tank is way to small for that. I'd really like to try the DCT version of it though.

Test rode a CB1000F that day as well. What a *BORING* motorcycle. It did everything well, but was SO milk toast bland. I forgot I rode it about 5 minutes after I was off it.

How does your FJR compare?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
If the VFR was 100kg less and $10,000 cheaper then it would be a maybe.. but thgat aint gonna happen.

De registering my 250 when the race glass arrives so will be in the market for a road bike CBR1000RR would make a good stablemate but who knows, might even get a 2013 cbr250 if honda brings out a Silver or Blue version then.
Then I'll have 2 250's :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts