Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Got my bulb in today..put it in less than 5 minutes (had to pop off left fairing) And the result? is it like night and day difference from the stock? No, it isn't...am I happy with the bulb? I sure am...it does look whiter looking at it from the front...and I can tell I have more light on the road even on low beam.

The biggest difference between this bulb and the stock bulb is in the beam pattern, especially noticeable on high beam.. It is a little brighter as far as the brightness of the light...just a little bit tho....but there is a whole lot more light with this bulb a whole lot farther down the road plus the width of the high beam across the road and off the sides.. I am actually very much impressed with the how much farther out and off the high beam shines on the road now..very happily impressed

I was kinda expecting a superior super bright white light that burned the retinas of any animals that dared look directly at it..Guess I will have to rely on the D2's for that instead...but I am still very pleased with this light bulb and would buy it again..

would I recommend you buy it also for $37? For me, it was worth the money, I drive at night away from city street lights alot.....I cant answer if it would be worth it to you,only you can...

If you want to blind every person and animal that crosses in front of you, better go with HID lighting like what BBRMotosports recommended... If you want a slight increase in brightness level and a wider low beam and a significantly longer,wider, way out in front of you high beam without adjusting the pitch or elevation of your stock....then consider this bulb.

·
Registered
220 Posts
One small correction.... HIDs blind only on high beam (as with any H4) or if the beam is not set right. On low beam there is a sharp cut off, just as in any H4, so no question of blinding anybody. With a projector, there is a sharp cut off even with the high beam.

The setting, and the way the light is aimed is in your hands. Having used HID setups, I can vouch for the fact that there is a big difference in the amount of light on the road.

PS: Blinding animals? They'll sprint across the road whether you TEMPORARILY "blind" them or not :) Besides, as far as I know, they don't drive/ride and have the option of looking away :p

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is there a difference between this 35 dollar bulb and one for 10 dollars on ebay? This is the first time I've ever looked into brighter bulbs on any vehicle.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Since I didnt put a $10 ebay bulb in.. I really cant compare..The other reviews for this bulb mirror alot of what I had to say about the shape of the beam on high and thus a lot more of the road being illuminated in front of you vs the stock bulb. That illumination "pattern" may very well be unique to this PIAA bulb.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Theres a ton of aftermarket bulbs out there..dont just go by my word alone....look around..do your own research, ask yourself if you even need to upgrade. A lot of people find the stock satisfactory for their needs..I myself found it lacking for my area at night...a lot of sites like amazon have customer reviews of the product..read them..then google the product and look for more reviews..then make an informed decision..good luck :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Talking about a bright headlight. Wife took her first night ride on her 2009 rebel. She was following me and her headlight was so blinding in my mirror, i
pulled over & told her not to use her high beam in town. It was her lowbeam:eek: CBR head light crap compared to her Rebel.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Is there a difference between this 35 dollar bulb and one for 10 dollars on ebay? This is the first time I've ever looked into brighter bulbs on any vehicle.
I just put a cheap ebay bulb that claimed brighter than stock, whiter light. Although it was slightly less yellow (only a bit whiter) it was significantly dimmer than stock. It was identical wattage (55/60) but looked awful. Took one short ride to the gas station with my buddy and switched back as soon as I got home. i was using his headlights to see where I needed to go!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Theres a ton of aftermarket bulbs out there..dont just go by my word alone....look around..do your own research, ask yourself if you even need to upgrade. A lot of people find the stock satisfactory for their needs..I myself found it lacking for my area at night...a lot of sites like amazon have customer reviews of the product..read them..then google the product and look for more reviews..then make an informed decision..good luck :)
Mind sharing the site where you found yours? Is is an HID bulb or just a regular bulb?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Just an FYI, refrain from purchasing from Xenon because their bulbs are trash. I had to re-order 3 times for my car and they sent bulbs that appeared burned. I requested 8k bulbs but they were a green/yellow.

Fail.:mad:

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I just put T10 Super LED T104W Wide $15 in the clearance lamps... they are bluish coloured and 4 little leds in them.

And the Auto Leccy also sold me a Narva H4 Arctic Blue 4000K, 1600 Lumen, 60/55w globe for the main headlight $25. he says it is the best.. time will tell.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)

New LED's fitted with standard headlight globe.
Lookin good..I put some t10 15 smd Leds in mine last year..bluish white like yours..since i put my denali d2 driving lights on I kinda figure its a white light overload on the front..so i ordered some t10 25 smd amber leds...gonna try to kinda separate the D2,s and the headlight with a different color a bit..not got them yet..hope they match the turn signals and photon blasters in color

@AOP..nope sorry..never did take a before n after pic

pic of stock position light on right..15smd on left

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
do i need to remove fairing to replace headlight bulb..plz tell me step by step to replace headlight bulb
Unplug bulb and turn to release?? I can't see it being any harder then this but I have only glanced under there.

I am adamant in my opinion that the stock setup is far more superior to 98% of any other halogen setups I have seen. You guys have to realize that the yellowish light is actually better for night vision because it provides contrast, also brighter does not = better. Brighter light usually makes it even harder to see anything that's not directly in the path of your lights. It's like when you turn the lights off at night in your home. It takes a while to adjust to the dark, too bright of a headlight makes it so your eyes are useless to anything but the lighted up areas.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts