Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Arctic Circle Journey (USA Southeast / Midwestern states)

41K views 75 replies 37 participants last post by  JMS 
I thought I might feel the same way crossing west on my first trip through the Canadian prairies and Rocky Mountains. You'd expect the flat land to be dull. However, it really has a charm of its own - if you look for it. The wind on the prairies can be pretty incredible. Not boring at all. The sunsets can be absolutely stunning. Nothing dull there. The wheat fields - as they undulate with the breeze like cilia responding to sound waves on the organ of corti. Mesmerizing. The wonderfully fresh smell of cow $hit - um well.... Seeing a city emerge out over the horizon - so many miles away. Inspiring.

Mike
I hear ya. I was hill country born and raised, but spent a good bit of time on a tractor cultivating on plains, so the romance is lost on me. I like hills..... don't let that spoil it for others though!

(continued..)
and then.....
The big grin says it all.

Well done, and thanks for taking us along through your pictures.

An inspiration.....

Now, to get hold of a digital camera and keep a record of my trips in future.

I still have not replaced the 35mm Nikon I gave to an ex girlfriend's brother when he started studying journalism a few years back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.