Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
Somewhere in your thread you mentioned you changed out the back tyre for 150 which made for a smoother ride - how did it handle the gravel?
When I changed to the pilot actives I kept the same stock sizes but after the road trip I went up to 150 on the rear tire. The 150 seems to smooth out some chatter I would get sometimes (of course that could be a riding form issue that hasn't become apparent yet).
The 150 does not seem to adversely effect the turn in speed and handling of the bike and for me smooths it out a little. A lot of that has to do with the tire individually as well I believe. The stock size pilot actives were great and if i had the money would've bought another set but I have to settle for another set of IRC road winners until my next set.

On gravel like any street bike it still skates a little at higher speeds but the pilot actives handled the dalton really well considering they are street tires.
They are not a performance tire but stick very well for all your street riding needs and definitely have some serious endurance (my rear still had a little rubber after nearly 12,000 miles)

These are the coolest pics! are those stills from a goPro while riding? I will definitely have to refer back to this post once im ready for a big trip like this. I feel like it would take me FOREVER because of all the places I would want to stop!

(continued..)

bump , bump for all you "noobs" thinking about upgrading your bike ...

read this thread .... because that's what riding is all about :cool:

....and you don't need to get a cool Gixxer or a Fresh 600rr to get that feeling :cool:

^ that's the face of a man that has earn'd the right to upgrade to whatever motorcycle he wants (even though the 250 is probably not his first bike) ,

...but i highly doubt he will ever let go of that cbr250 (in his heart)

.....because he and the bike have built an inexplicable bond that very few people will ever understand.:cool:

if you still out there Lucky ..... thanks again for this post :cool:

i still got the "coming up on the artic circle" pic as one of my screen savers.

if you ever do the trip again ... it would be cool to tag up with some of the other 250 owners along the way.....im good for the ride out of Florida... but after that , your are on your own with the rest of the loose cannons of CBR250.net :D:D:D

This post is my absolute favorite post I have ever read !!! Reading stories (trips) like this gives me motivation to do MORE traveling !! After all it's all about the trip..... enjoying nature and the sights along the way. Not how fast or quick a person can go.
The CBR250r has been a GREAT sport-tourer for me. Only 5500 kms this season and a few more kms this season yet,as I have a trip planned for the next two days, to the mountains. I need to beat my last season kms of 6300 kms on my CBR125r...touring on that. My buddy and I travelled all over BC and Alberta on our CBR125r's !!! What great times !!! :D

Discussion starter · #69 ·
I certainly am alive and well streetsniper :). I atempted to ride a bicycle across the united states. I made it to near Houston and had to give up:(. My heart just wasn't in it. Then I caught a 12hr flight to Tokyo (first time on a plane haha) and spent the rest of my trip hiking around Tokyo. After visiting a friend in san diego I'm finally home.

I learned a lot about myself. Quite honestly I believe my place in life will always be on that little 250. Exploring new lands , pushing my own limits physically and mentally, both in spirit and in life. To ride a motorcycle is to have a love affair with adventure. It's a big world out there guys but there's always gonna be a little Honda riding across it :).

wow owl - what a beautiful journey. i was just on google earth to see how long the southern route(via india/pakistan/iran) from bangkok to berlin would be..... you `ve got me dreaming a new 250 dream now....
thank you for this report!!!

Hi

Lucky

Great Adventure....when I saw the pic of you + CBR 250r at artic circle...wow..I love my CBR.. :D .I have been ride accross peninsular Malaysia and Thailand..so far the CBR is good bike ..easy to handling..fuel saving....
I love Honda for making this CBR 250..In Malaysia the tax for Bike is high..Owning 250cc bike is like dream come true for me..Im planning to Phuket on May .I will ride report here..

Thanks Again for sharing your epic journey on CBR 250 :D
Cheers..

Hey Owl, I am planning a trip into Canada and I'm curious about lodging. it sounded like you kind of winged it with how far you traveled each day, so did you wing it with motels too? I am contemplating making reservations because I don't want to get stuck in a place where there are no rooms available. Did you run into this problem at all? Ideally I would like to have an approximate area where I would want to stop and find a dirt-cheap motel when I get there. I would much rather have my options open when travelling than be confined by an itinerary. Thanks, and any other pointers are appreciated!

Lucky Owl, thanks for the ride! I'm sure we all felt like we were right there with you after seeing your pix and reading your report!

61 - 76 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.