Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have to say I pulled a squid move tonight. I went out riding late night, no gear, no license, and 2-up for the first time. Wouldn't you know pretty much the only vehicles on the road were cops doing their rounds. Man oh man when I got home I said to myself, "you stupid mother f****r!" I knew the risk and the girl that went with me was trying to convince me that it wasn't a good idea because I was so new to bikes. However, I insisted because she had no other way to get home and her house was a 15 minute drive away. I got her home safe and myself as well but as soon as I walked in the door I started thinking about all of the things that could've went wrong. At the end of the day, it would've been all my fault if she got hurt.

I dont know, maybe Im analyzing it too much or blowing it out of proportion. or maybe not.

What's the craziest thing you guys have ever done on a motorbike?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Oh, a few things..... better watch out this thread could get deleted

To start:

100 mph without a helmet (but was wearing boots).

Camped out on a farm with a shearing gang, finished work and dinner for the day, then shared a couple of numbers. After that some of the rousies wanted to go to the pub, so a mate and took them; about 10 km, three up on each bike, no helmets (of course). No problem, we got back ok and were up for work again at 5.00 AM the next morning.

People thought we were a bit mad at the time, but when I came to Thailand I discovered such things pass for normal.

Boring old sober codger that I am these days, I stick to two up now, both wearing helmets.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
But was she worth it?

Life is short.

·
Banned
834 Posts
90% of the riders do that here in Ohio on a daily basis, so what's the big deal?

My very first time on a motorcycle was on this cbr250r, after 5 mins of figuring out how the manual shift works on a bike in my driveway I was cruising the streets with a hat turned backwards
with zero experience on the streets with a manual motorcycle. lol 99.9% I do wear my helmet though, that day I was just excited to learn something new and totally forgot about a
helmet. Looking back I can't believe I did that either.

For some reason I notice cops don't really mess with bikers around here. Personally, I don't think I;ve ever seen a motorcycle pulled over here in Ohio.

The other day I was riding around with blue painter's tape on my license plate after shooting a video and cops were all around me and never pulled me over.
It wasn't until I got home that I noticed I left the tape on my license plate. lol wheww..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Don't beat your self up about it. You might have been a tad reckless but nothing happened in the end. It's good that you're at least aware of what you did "wrong." Now if you said "I had seven or eight shots of tequila THEN took my girl home" I'd probably be railing you right now!

Life isn't worth living if you can't LIVE it every once in a while.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Life is short.
Depending on the choices made, it can be EXTREMELY short. Hence why we have the Darwin Awards lol.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So I have to say I pulled a squid move tonight. I went out riding late night, no gear, no license, and 2-up for the first time. Wouldn't you know pretty much the only vehicles on the road were cops doing their rounds. Man oh man when I got home I said to myself, "you stupid mother f****r!" I knew the risk and the girl that went with me was trying to convince me that it wasn't a good idea because I was so new to bikes. However, I insisted because she had no other way to get home and her house was a 15 minute drive away. I got her home safe and myself as well but as soon as I walked in the door I started thinking about all of the things that could've went wrong. At the end of the day, it would've been all my fault if she got hurt.

I dont know, maybe Im analyzing it too much or blowing it out of proportion. or maybe not.

She couldnt have stayed the night?

·
Registered
534 Posts
^ yeah you should have used the ole "i don't have a license yet" bit to get her to have a "sleep over"! Lol.

Like others posted, you know what you did wrong, learn from it. Plus you're still a kid and thats what kid do. I could fill a book with all the dumb/crazy s*** I did as a kid!

·
Banned
3 Posts
^ yeah you should have used the ole "i don't have a license yet" bit to get her to have a "sleep over"! Lol.

Like others posted, you know what you did wrong, learn from it. Plus you're still a kid and thats what kid do. I could fill a book with all the dumb/crazy s*** I did as a kid!
^^ Yeah he should have laid those cards down a little better. Well its all part of being a kid. Looks like riding without gear wasnt the biggest mistake he made that night! LOL

Well at least he knows what to do the next time and perhaps he would have a totally different post

·
Registered
389 Posts
The logic I can put to it is the bike was more enticing to ride than the girl….

You could have through out the idea that there was too many cops out for you to ride home and stood at her place.

Then you would have got in both of the rides.

Don’t stress the bad ideas are always the best.

·
Registered
431 Posts

Speeding in town, in the rain. Almost took my first dive. I've matured since then.

I'll come right out and say what you probably want to hear. Yeah, that was stupid dude, don't do it again. :) Feel better?

·
Registered
386 Posts
First of all I have to say I'm glad you both made it okay.

I went out riding late night, no gear, no license, and 2-up for the first time
I really hope that "no gear" doesn't mean no helmets. In fact, I seriously hope you didn't take someone out for a ride without providing a helmet for her.

I knew the risk and the girl that went with me was trying to convince me that it wasn't a good idea because I was so new to bikes. However, I insisted because she had no other way to get home and her house was a 15 minute drive away.
That's a pretty douchy/selfish move right there dude. Sorry! It's one thing to make a dumb decision that endangers you, but try not to endanger someone else, especially if they're uncomfortable with the idea and their "discomfort" can cause you to loose control of the bike. Thankfully it all worked out for the best (as it usually does)

Just my 2 cents.

·
Banned
834 Posts
I hope that's sarcasm.
Actually , no I wasn't kidding this time.

Now that I remember I did the same thing when I just bought my scooter for the first time and I got pulled over by the police. The cop didn't give me a ticket and just made me walk my scoot home. He suggested I get my learner's permit.

·
Registered
455 Posts
sounds like the chick wanted to stay at your place. That said.. Any of you older folks remember Big Reds?

Nothing more dangerous then those things and I used to ride them like a bat out of hell with no helmet. Getting thrown off and looping the thing was a daily occurrence. A kid in the neighborhood got killed and that was it for me riding it. Moved to dirtbike. still no helmet.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yep, my dad had two of those he used to ride me around on when I was about 4 or 5 years old and my sister used to follow, and yep, no helmets. So reckless back in day, not a care in the world… Now a days if you have a jar of peanut butter your considered dangerous. Hey I remember those things used to float on the river because the tires were so big.

Used to take them up to Azusa Canyon and Glen Helen, which are still So*Cal off road spots.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Should of took your liscence. And as for gear its a personal preferance. Sounds like you were paranoid, as it is. Should of geared up. No person is worth risking a ticket just to give them a ride home. maybe your brain in your pants was overriding the upper one.:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts