Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, im new to this form. I live in Alberta Canada. To be honest I joined as I have been trying desperately to find out when the delivery date of my cbr 250ra is expected. The dealership has been vague, giving me four different arrival dates, as I have discovered many of you have experienced. Mine has been paid in full since begining of Feb. Like you folks I am restless as riding season has begun and still no bike. :( I'm hanging in as I am positive this new bike will be a blast to ride. Don't wanna turn "green team" even though I have rode a Ninja and they are awesome.

My dealer's new eta is May 16th, so here's hopeing :confused: Will continue to follow new updates from ya'll. Will be worth being patient but I am glad I am not suffering alone lol :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
You are definitely not suffering alone, as many of us long for our new CBR250's. Me, a red & gray ABS equipped beauty. I may be waiting till some time in June from what I hear. I can ride my vintage CM450c while I wait, :)something many of you cannot. :( Still though, I have wanted this CBR since I first read about it late last year. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
100 Posts
thanks Debra for the update on canadian deliveries. mid may has been mentioned by a few others as well. here's hoping it is true!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're welcome riverguide. Hoping as well there are no changes with the dates. Aaarrgg, frustrated with the wait but want this bike bad so like everyone else I will keep my chin up and remain excited. Keep thinking bout how sweet it will be when I go on my maiden ride, then all this frustration will be but a distant memory lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the welcome kutter. No bike at this time, traded mine for the cbr so I have a later start this riding season. Plus side spring sucks the big one so far so i'm not suffering too bad lol

·
281 Posts
debra, welcome to the forum! I am keeping my fingers crossed for all you good Canadians that are hearing mid May....that is very soon. Also wondering if the ABS models will really come in for you...they are not being delivered, as far as I can tell, yet in the U>S.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey xplorguy, I have the same concern from what i've been following on this forum. I'll be really choked if it doesn't get delivered as I am not willing to settle for non-abs. Thing is the bike is completely paid for!!!!! Not holding my breath by any means for the stated delivery date or my pre-ordered pre-paid bike. MUST continue to hope right???????? Positive thoughts people lol!

·
281 Posts
debra, I am not sure what possessed you to pay in full for the bike in February...but you definitely have a vested interest in delivery of your abs equipped motorcycle. Today , for better or worse, I made a new commitment to abs as I had the opportunity to purchase a non abs cbr250 and in black, my first color choice. I actually road the bike, it was pretty nice, so this made it very tempting to rationalize that I didnt need the abs after all. But I handed back the keys...the cbr is going to be a much better bike WITH the abs....so I guess we will have to steel ourselves and soldier on. I am truly hoping the best for you up there. So keep me posted and I will do the same.............

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
back atcha xploreguy.........paid in full as i know the manager of the dealership and was purchasing a varadaro at the same time along with a trade-in. Also researched the bike after seeing it at our yearly bike show. Have been in the market for a quarter litre bike for some time and I trust Honda products. Seemed to make sense at the time and to be honest I have not regreted the decission. Talked with "my go-to" guy regarding delivery of the abs model mid-may and he assured me Honda Canada told him abs is included in the shipment so....yes, soldier on. Not doing the "dance of joy" yet. Good for you for having the fortitude to hand back the keys in favour of abs bike and not settling. Better to love the bike you own..........Absolutely keep you posted.

·
281 Posts
i was told today,no abs versions anywhere until the fall,and maybe later than that,wtf:(
This is NOT what I want to hear. I do hope your source is wrong. I am supposed to get an update tomorrow via the NW Regional sales guy. I am hoping he will at least be definitive about it vs. saying he just doesn't know.....when...

·
Registered
147 Posts
yeah my salesman is the owners son ,and he is sponsered by honda racing,he said he talked to corporate honda --higher ups-- and abs will be --maybe --beginning of fall,-----------and on a side note i decided to go with the black non abs,maybe in 2012 i will get the abs version,lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome Aboard Debra! Hopefully we won't be waiting much longer. I have had a few different dates thrown my way. May 18-20 in my possession is the latest. I really hope so. The weather has finally been really nice over the last week!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
My ABS has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

:D:DWAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome news fellow cbr-ers!!! Its in!!!! And its the ABS!!!!!!!!! I pick it up Friday. So there's hope out there. I'm way too excited, i can hardly stand it. lol Weekend here in Calgary looks good so the timing could'nt be better! Let the banners fly and the trumpets blare, it's too good to be true, i't here, it's here!;)

·
281 Posts
Very excited for you Debra! And you sound just alittle bit up also! Be careful while you are getting used to riding it and we will look forward to your initial owner posts!! ABS, no less!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
First Ride Report........Maidan Voyage Home a success!!!!

Picked bike up Friday, beautiful riding day and even better ride home. Bike was easy, light, nimble, maneuverable, and an absolute blast. This bike was happy at higher rpm's as others as posted. Had the bike up to 130k and it felt and sounded solid with power to spare. I can see without a doubt that this bike will be perfect for first time riders and exceed the expectations of experienced riders. Ride on...........fellow cbr-ers! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts