Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as most know I got the Arrow front pipe / header pipe with my M4 street slayer exhaust, So here is some more info on it!

Said pipes / slip on

Arrow says it will fit a stock exhaust this front pipe, So any Slip on that will fit the stock exhaust will fit the arrow pipe.

So Sizes

The join at the head

Arrow is bigger diameter

The slip on end is the same diameter

This seems to be where the stock pipe gets a little bigger.

So how much bigger is the arrow?!?

Stock pipe about 32mm

Arrow pipe about 36mm

Slip on ends are the same 35mm

Stock

Arrow

Arrow fitted to the bike

More bits to come in the fitting of the Street Slayer!

The bike with NO exhaust muffler

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Too big?

I'll be interested to see if you keep the Arrow head pipe on. I'm not sure the bigger inner diameter will be an improvement. I have read other posts by people that put on a complete with a larger headpipe and couldn't get rid of the flat spots in the power band which came with the pipe. Let us know about fuel economy changes as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Having larger diameter header allows for more air flow, less restriction on motor but you must add EFI addon box to increase fuel to get the gains from the pipe.

·
Registered
107 Posts
32 vs 36mm is 1.25 or so times larger in area. My theory is that this would lower the sound output a bit, do you have a sound dB meter to verify that theory??

How are the bends? the same as stock? less bent? Trying to think if this would have enough of an appreciable impact on performance to make it worthwhile.

If it is enough quieter at the same distance that may be worthwhile, I do not like loud pipes (I think they only cause hearing loss because I know I cant hear em when in my truck until the bike is right next to me and I do not have the radio as loud as many others on the road).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd really like to hear/see what impact this header pipe has on performance/economy. I ordered Arrow's slip-on and am waiting to try it out before I decide on the header. I know that if I go slip-on AND header, I'd need new fuel/ignition management. However, with my BikeMaster air filter and the slip-on combined, I might need it anyway. In hitch case, I'll definitely be getting the header pipe, as well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts