Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Atlanta GA red grey

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Moldy_Dog 
#1 · (Edited)
Sup guys!
Just scored a used 2011 with 600 on it. Needed something for commuting and the CBR sounds perfect. I've been glued to this forum for days. Great place! Scheduled for MSF course at the end of sept!
Chatted with Awksdeep a bit. Any other Atlanta folks here?

#2 ·
My recommendation is to either a) get a buddy/relative with a truck to help ya pick it up or b) ride around the dealer's parking lot for a minute or 20, then backroad it home, assuming you have gear. Otherwise, you're risking both your investment and health. You can also see if they'll deliver it for ya.

#3 ·
It's about time I hear of someone else in Hotlanta! I live out in Bethlehem, about halfway between Atlanta and Athens. Just out of curiosity, where did you find the used bike? I have been searching for weeks since my first one was totaled.

#5 ·
I found it on craigslist. Some guy bought it for his lady and it didnt work out.
Then sold to another guy. Bike was too tall for him so 2 weeks later it was mine. 3rd owner and the bike was purchased new in may. Crazy.
How did you total?

#7 ·
How did you total?
I was hit from behind at a red light.:( The details are here. I found out later that the frame is bent. :eek: I would not have ridden it from the accident had I know that. Another lesson learned.

I actually just put a deposit down on a second one, and I am now impatiently waiting for the dealer to get it in. I got a much, much better deal on the new one, but I will still be out the dealer fees plus $200 depreciation. I am thinking about buying back the old one for spare parts. I'm toying with the idea of using the engine in an offroad gokart.

#8 · (Edited)
I'm back from my weekend away. Just checking in to see if you got the bike home ok. I have a truck and the necessary straps to tie it down to keep from rubbing.

Let me know if you're uncomfortable with the ride and want it picked up. I'll be happy to help.

By the way I think you're gonna love the bike. I've had mine a month and a half and put 3k miles on it. They're so much fun. :)

'njoy,
awk

#9 ·
wow just read through your accident post. I don't know how you didn't end up on the hood of that car. judging from the dent in her hood it didn't look like she slowed at all. don't know why im assuming its a she. I could have been dude. Regardless glad your ok. Did you find another. I know there was a used low miles 250 for sale in the forum below in baton rouge for 3 grand. I looked into shipping to atlanta and it was 400 bucks. no tax out of state so you could have a almost new bike here for 3400 if its still available.

Awks I just went out and scooped it and rode it home early saturday morning.
It actually wasn't bad at all. For some reason I had it in my head that the bike was going to be a lot to handle and coming from 2 stroke dirt.. It had way less torque than Im used to. I've already clocked over 200 miles since saturday. Did my first commute today up to Marietta and the bike did fine though i do wish I had a little more power for interstate. It just doesn't have the horses for crazy 75. I love it though its amazing. I still take it really easy and don't push the limits of the bike in anyway. MSF class on october then ill get my license and probably do the advanced class. We should ride sometime though. I wanna check out north GA roads. I heard they are amazing. Thanks for checking in though. I was losing sleep over it first couple days before i picked it up.

#11 ·
wow just read through your accident post. I don't know how you didn't end up on the hood of that car. judging from the dent in her hood it didn't look like she slowed at all. don't know why im assuming its a she. I could have been dude. Regardless glad your ok. Did you find another. I know there was a used low miles 250 for sale in the forum below in baton rouge for 3 grand. I looked into shipping to atlanta and it was 400 bucks. no tax out of state so you could have a almost new bike here for 3400 if its still available
Wrong stereotype. It was an Asian guy. :rolleyes: It really wasn't all that fast. I wish I had video of the accident to see how it all played out. I can't figure out how the bike and car were damaged like that, as the part of the frame that bent is above the height of the car hood, and there was no damage to the drivetrain/suspension (not visible anyway).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.