Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Per the latest announcements we will be resetting everyone’s passwords. Shortly you should be receiving an email directing you how to change your password. It will look like this:

Subject: Your new password for *site name*
Dear *username*,

Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:

Username: *username*

Password: *Randomly generated temp password*

To change your password, please visit this page: *link to password reset edit page from USERCP*

If you suspect this email is a scam, you can confirm the legitimacy of this email by manually navigate to the forum URL yourself and use your new password to log in.

All the best,

Site Name

As you can see it will give you a randomly generated temporary password, as well as telling you where you need to go to updated it accordingly.

If you do not receive this email please go to the contact us page and select Other, and type in Security Password Update Issues

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

The Community Support Team

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
A heads up. I did not receive the email/password info prior to being locked out of the forum. This remained so for hours. I hope no one else experiences this. I tried relentlessly to try to log on given the existing "forgot your password/username" feature. I was directed to click on a link that directed me to the home page. No password info provided. Thankfully your email finally arrived after I asked a FB friend who is also a member of the 250 forum to post my issue. I tried to contact admin about this but the link provided directed me right back to the home page.

Cheers
Live_to_ride

PS i was locked out before I had the opportunity to read the post re: instructions on the change of password

·
Registered
5 Posts
A heads up. I did not receive the email/password info prior to being locked out of the forum. This remained so for hours. I hope no one else experiences this. I tried relentlessly to try to log on given the existing "forgot your password/username" feature. I was directed to click on a link that directed me to the home page. No password info provided. Thankfully your email finally arrived after I asked a FB friend who is also a member of the 250 forum to post my issue. I tried to contact admin about this but the link provided directed me right back to the home page.

Cheers
Live_to_ride

PS i was locked out before I had the opportunity to read the post re: instructions on the change of password and no one from this site or vertical scope will get back with me, it's been two weeks. im beyond frusterated.
im going through the same thing, had to make this account to see anything on the site, still can't get to my original account.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Cheers
Live_to_ride

PS i was locked out before I had the opportunity to read the post re: instructions on the change of password

i was locked out before I had the opportunity to read the post re: instructions on the change of password and no one from this site or vertical scope will get back with me, it's been two weeks. im beyond frustrated

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
i was locked out before I had the opportunity to read the post re: instructions on the change of password and no one from this site or vertical scope will get back with me, it's been two weeks. im beyond frustrated
Same happened to me. I had to create another account to send a PM to the admin, then I had to message Mike, who then poked someone and I got an email with a password reset. :|

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
My apologies for not answering this post cbr4lyfe. I thought your post was directed towards the Administration staff hence I didn't respond. My mod powers does not entail dealing with your "locked out status" sadly. As you have read, I encountered the same issue you did :(

·
2,015 Posts
Here's a bit more of his problem:

Originally Posted by jsonder
OK lyfe, what is the history? did you not get a temporary new password?

They just did a password upgrade because the site was hacked back in Feb. and personal info from vertical scope was for sale on the black web. {yup, it took that long for them to become aware that they had been hacked}

Response:

never got an email, checked my spam folder and never received it. i had access to it a few days before they realized that it was hacked and sent out the mass email and i got locked out because i entered my username and password too many times and it said it sent an email to my email account to reset the password and i never received an email for that either. im pretty sure that my email is current.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts