Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just bought a 2011 cbr250r. An amazing bike, but the yoshimura TRC slip-on exhaust is a bit too much for me even with a baffle. I also think it will be too much for my elderly neighbours. Would really like to put the stock one back on. Would anyone have one for sale?

I'm in NSW, Aus.

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Sorry to see you haven't had much response. Considering the ridiculous price of a new stock muffler online or at a dealership I think most CBR owners like me who have installed a slip-on will still opt to keep their stock exhaust. Even if you do find one (and I hope you do) the cost of shipping a part so heavy will be daunting.
Have you considered replacing the Yoshi with a different, quieter slip on of another brand? I've been very happy with my Delkevic DL10 Stubby 14" CF can for several years now. It's loud, but not annoying and it doesn't even have a baffle. They make a much longer 18" Stainless exhaust with a baffle that is probably comparable in decibels to the stock muffler for under $300 Australian. Then you could sell your Yoshi here or elsewhere online to help defer the cost. Would probably cost about the same (or less depending on what you could get for your Yoshi). Just spitballin' here. Good luck!
Search - (delkevic.com.au)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Also a long noise-insert reduces volume significantly.

I have Yosh full exhaust on my CBR600RR and wanted to quiet it down to do trackdays @ Laguna Seca. I tried the Yosh noise-insert for this exhaust, but it didn't quiet down enough. So I customised it by replacing inner tube of insert with one 3x as long with closed end. This made all exhaust go through insert and noise was reduced to stock levels and I was able to ride at Laguna with their ridiculous 98db limit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts