Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being struck from the rear while riding my Triumph TT600 10 years ago while stopping (by another motorcycle, no less), I’ve always been somewhat paranoid about the rear visibility of my motorcycles, especially while stopping. Since then, all of my bikes have had some sort of auxiliary stop light that will flash when the brakes are initially applied. On my non-ABS CBR 250R, I removed the ugly steel license plate bracket (with side reflectors), license plate light spacer and rear reflector and spacer. The license plate, license plate light and reflector will bolt right up to the existing fender without any mods at all because the spacers are for the add-on US spec. license plate bracket and side reflectors. I purchased am LED stop light flasher module from www.superbrightleds.com . When the brakes are applied, this very small module flashes four times fast, four times slow, then steady. It cost about $9 with shipping. I picked up a small red side marker light with a single LED for $7 from Advance Auto. Gaining access to the wiring harness and connectors required removal of the access cover under the rear fender. The Honda service manual shows this being attached to the under-fender by screws. Instead, it is attached by the easily breakable plastic push pin “rivets”, assessable under the passenger seat. Connectors for taillight / stoplight, license plate light and turn signals are inside a vinyl boot. I do not like 3M style push on wire splicers on principle so I soldered two negative wires alongside of one of the GREEN negative wire push pins and the RED positive input wire of the flasher module alongside the GREEN w/YELLOW wire push pin which is the positive wire for the stoplight. There is plenty of room in the vinyl boot under the fender for the flasher module and extra wire. I attached the small red LED maker where the rectangular reflector would normally be with black GE silicone adhesive. My goal was a factory look small red winking auxiliary stoplight to catch the attention of following traffic when I apply my brakes. For about 2 hours of work and less than $20, I think I succeeded. Here is a link to pictures of the spacer and the finished result: https://picasaweb.google.com/103953553964212939638/CBR250R#

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Knight Rider LED Light Bar

I just bought and stuck this to a chrome license plate frame....works great...light oscillates back and forth in running light mode then flashes full intensity for 5 seconds when you hit the brake....except for a few jerks..most people stay off my rear while driving too

·
Registered
64 Posts
Skene Design

I just ordered the Photon Blasters and the P3 Lights from Skene Design. They were a bit pricey, but there are a lot of great reviews out there, and they are the only ones I could find that flicker to make you more noticeable. If you have taken an MSF course in the last 2 years, or if you take one in the next 60 days, you can get $20 off each set you buy, up to 2 Photon Blasters and 2 P3 Lights, so that helps a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts