Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been asking around for ABS model but no dealer has it?
And they all say that they never had any (North/South Carolina)
Anyone knows any dealer that has some? or Why is this still hard to find?

Also, I have heard that 2013 models will be released in fall or in few months. Any info on will they be any different/any improvements?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've been asking around for ABS model but no dealer has it?
Bought one a month ago from Maryland for $5000 OTD
And they all say that they never had any (North/South Carolina)
Sounds Strange to me. How many dealers have you checked? I checked 5 around my area and 2 had them.
Anyone knows any dealer that has some? or Why is this still hard to find?
Honda of Crofton had a lot I believe. Things might have changed in the a month.
Also, I have heard that 2013 models will be released in fall or in few months. Any info on will they be any different/any improvements?
No idea about this one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I checked 6 dealerships within a 150 mile radius (because I wanted black ABS) and there were a total of 3 bikes w/ABS, none that were black.

Luckily I finally found one incoming and reserved it (and paid dearly for it).

It is true, I was told that Honda just isn't meeting the demand of the ABS models and IF they ever even come into a dealership they go very quickly. These dealerships are trying to place orders for ABS bikes and are being turned down and never given a date as to when they may be available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was just at my dealer here in West Michigan yesterday and they have 2 CBR 250's left in stock. 1 ABS model (Black) 1 non (Tri-Color). They had 4 in stock last month when I was there around the same time. I bought the Tri-Color ABS and they also had a red non ABS they sold. They said they go pretty quickly.

I live in a pretty small town though. A bigger dealer further out near Grand Rapids had just one CBR 250 in Tri-Color and said they were hard to get, and couldn't get a black one even though they wanted one.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
I would think you should be able to find an ABS model, however you may not get your first color choice, unless your willing to do a road trip to a dealership that has what you want.

Just guessing here, but I'd think that Honda has no intention of flooding the market with the CBR250R, whether ABS or Non-ABS. They want dealers to be able to hold prices to at least MSRP, and to sell out the inventory through the remainder of the selling season. As far as the 2013's go, I wouldn't think that the model announcement/release date would be any different than it was for the 2012's... pricing was late January, shipments began in late February? My '12 R/W/BL/G wasn't shipped until mid-march, to Southern Colorado. I've heard dealers in other parts of the country were shipped before that.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
OK, so it's a trek, but Des Plaines Honda (outside Chicago) has something like 20 CBR250Rs in stock. Not all of them are ABS, but some of them are. I know they do out of state deliveries and stuff and they're great guys. Probably useless info., but I thought I'd pass it on.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
My dealership(pretty small) has one tri-colour in ABS.

I actually wanted one of them but when I saw it in person, I preferred my red.

Apparently, they don't expect to get more than a couple this year.

They sold 2 last year because they took so long to come in.(One was mine:D)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you search on cycletrader.com for NC there are listings for ABS from about 5 different dealers. They may not have them in stock, but worth the call.
I tried that. They have them listed as ABS but they don't have any in stock.
I am willing to make a trip even a 4 hour ride in one direction. MD and PA is little bit too far but if you guys know some delership that has some let me know. I am looking for 12 red/silver ABS.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried few other today and found one but Black and dealer was not ready to change tank and fairings. So still no luck. :(

·
Registered
350 Posts
We were down at Mountain Motor Sports, in Conyers, Ga, over the weekend. They have a tri-color 2012 w/ ABS.
Saw the bike personally, saw the sensors, personally... As of Sunday, it was there.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Try Hager Cycleworld in Rock Hill S.C. 803-324-8800 / 888-844-0481
When I was there a few weeks ago they had all 3 colors and I think 2 were ABS.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got te bike I was looking for the day I walked in a all black abs they sold it to me for $5000 out the door! I guess it's just hit and miss. And I'm in mobile al.

·
745 Posts
Call Dustin at Team Powersports in Garner, NC - 919-772-7866. He has a TriColor ABS in stock as of 5 minutes ago. I'm PM'ing you with more info

·
745 Posts
As for why there's a shortage of ABS models... According to one dealer that I'm friends with, it's not availability - it's that it adds 15% to the cost of the bike. When I asked about it, he said that if I wanted one he could order it, but that the dealership has made a business decision not to order ANY ABS models on spec.

Good luck on finding a bike. If you do wind up getting it from Dustin, please tell him I bird-dogged you - I can always use brownie points.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well here in Utah we have plenty of the ABS, any color. Monarch honda, Honda world, and on. Red or Black will be MINE next week!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts