Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a random question because I'm curious. I see lots of people talking about ordering their bikes and having a few weeks to a few months of wait time. What's the availability like around the US?

I'm in Central Texas and the two dealers that I stopped at both had the non-ABS versions in the store ready to go. I wanted the ABS version, which they had to get from a different dealership nearby but I still had it within two days.

Did I just happen to get lucky and go on the right day or something?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just heard on the news last night about the floods in Thailand effecting Honda car production, what about motorcycle production?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Last time I checked ABS bikes weren't being delivered to dealers out west but east cost dealers have had them for months.

If you want it now and your local dealer doesn't have what you want get them to go on their online dealers' Honda site and they can find the closest dealer that has "your" bike in stock. If the demand is low in your area they may be able to get the bike from that dealer. If it's high, you'll have to go to that dealer yourself to buy it.

My guess is that you can always find someone who has "your" bike in stock if you're willing to travel.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Last time I checked ABS bikes weren't being delivered to dealers out west but east cost dealers have had them for months.
I'm out west. My dealer did not have the ABS in stock. Two week wait for me. However, I did go back to the dealer a few weeks later and they had both ABS and non ABS in stock at that time.

I too am curious if the recent flooding will impact deliveries.

·
Registered
43 Posts
North Texas here. My dealer didn't have exactly what I wanted but they were able to get one from another local dealer, uncrated/prepped/ready to go within 24 hours.

I also notice the high number of people that have to order them.

I guess we're just lucky?

·
Registered
2 Posts
In pa near philly, was told they can't get any more 11's. Checked several dealers and non within 100mi have abs and only a handful had non-abs.

·
1,305 Posts
my dealer (power sports dealer) in So Cal had only non ABS, but they had both colors ready to drive out that day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts