Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else get out and ride today? I got out of the city and rode about 150 miles. Great weather, the bike was great..no problems what so ever..Had a huge grin on my face when i got back to tha house..:D

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just me and a bubby of mine rode on some curvy country roads then hit u.s.40 west for a pretty nice long stretch..beautiful weather..no pics though..i was so stoked to get out on the road it didnt even occur to me to grab a camera..It was reeeeaalll nice..did you get out?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Waiting (til July or August) on my "R", but I took the Shadow out yesterday for a short ride. Felt good. Anxious for the feel of my future bike though...

·
Registered
149 Posts
My wife and I went out for about 80 miles or so. Had company coming over or we would have stayed out longer. First long ish trip out of the city on my CBR, her Ninja is fun but man this CBR just chews up the corners, still in the break-in period so I didn't thrash her to hard but still a ton of fun.

Did get a short interstate run in on the way back. I can say 82mph is no prob and it seemed to have more left. Did have to duck down a bit of course but over all felt good.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Lucky people. Had parties and bbq's to go to all weekend. Then we hosted the Memorial Day BBQ. No riding at all this weekend, sucked.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
ah yes!!!!! Beautiful ride, and back out today. Forecast is high teens with calm winds. Bike is great, listen to tunes thru I Phone....total peace and tranquility. Who can ask for anything more??? Will try to post some pics l8r....

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
My wife and I went out for about 80 miles or so. Had company coming over or we would have stayed out longer. First long ish trip out of the city on my CBR, her Ninja is fun but man this CBR just chews up the corners, still in the break-in period so I didn't thrash her to hard but still a ton of fun.

Did get a short interstate run in on the way back. I can say 82mph is no prob and it seemed to have more left. Did have to duck down a bit of course but over all felt good.
do you have the 300 mile break in period finished? I'm reading you have to keep the rpms under 6k till at least 300...82mph would be over that

·
Registered
681 Posts
Arrrg! I gotta quit reading these threads. I want my CBR! :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
do you have the 300 mile break in period finished? I'm reading you have to keep the rpms under 6k till at least 300...82mph would be over that
I'm doing the use the full rev range without red lining and don't hang at any single rpm for extended periods break in method. As my daily commute to work is mostly 35/45 mph roads with lots of stop and go I didnt think a short high speed burst was going to kill anything. If anything it was probably good for it.

At any rate I only went over 70 for a couple of miles, speed limits and all... ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts