Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a ride today and loved it ( a bit rainy and/or worky lately).
Rounded up 8 or 10 big bikes on one of my favorite roads ( Obi Obi rd. Queensland, Australia). Then one of the gixxer 1000s broke the pack, and passed, to play with me.
After having a big compression slide, coming up to a one way bridge, trying to catch him, I was almost on him. As we got to the switchbacks before the main range I was all over his ass. Then one corner before the best part of the road ( one way, really tight, steep range in Obi Obi just before Mapleton )he moves over to let me pass. Got caught just before the top behind a cager, got around him and never saw Mr. Gixxer again.
Proves that old adage " best to ride a slow bike fast than a fast one slow ".
That was probably my best ride on my own. I seem to ride twice as well when I have someone to chase or play with.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Well done, we have more time to set ourselves up for the corner intead of washing off speed and we can power thru them.
Lovely roads in the hills near Sunshine coast.
Sounds like you are ready for a track day Genisis :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah some mad hills here. Have been thinking about a track day. Worst part about it is apparently you have to do something like 5 or 6 track days at Queensland raceway before you an ride lakeside. While track time sounds fun it's a supercar track so not exactly suited to our bike.
Name is joe by the way.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Yeah some mad hills here. Have been thinking about a track day. Worst part about it is apparently you have to do something like 5 or 6 track days at Queensland raceway before you an ride lakeside. While track time sounds fun it's a supercar track so not exactly suited to our bike.
Name is joe by the way.
Can you try a different company Joe? some run multiple tracks.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Running the stock IRC's or go something more sticky?

Down in the Illawarra we have Maqurie Pass, but its not a good road with trucks and stuff, its a major service road lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you try a different company Joe? some run multiple tracks.
Haven't actually looked into it myself. The old boy has an old Laverda Monduic 500 race bike. The information is second hand from him. The Lav is in the classics so it may be different for us.
One of the big problems is the lack of tracks around here. The only one other than the two i mentioned is one at the gold coast I believe.
It's a nanny state now. Lakeside has something like a 98dB sound limit even though the track was there before the houses that can hear it built there and complained about it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Running the stock IRC's or go something more sticky?

Down in the Illawarra we have Maqurie Pass, but its not a good road with trucks and stuff, its a major service road lol
Just the stocks mate. The IRC Road winners are fine for this bike. Though I may think differently after a track day. Kind of like the braided brake lines gave me the confidence to brake later on the street, on a track track different tyres may boost the confidence a little. But them little IRC's are perfect for building skills nice progressive turn in so you can baby it around the 'burbs or really toss it in to the turns on the hills. Not to mention great lifetime 6500kms and almost no sign of wear. Except near the edges:)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like a great road on google maps, shame about the trucks hey? Not many probs with them on our ranges around here. If you need to go to QLD bring your bike there is so many good riding spots. I have 350 km's loop that doesn't take me further than 75 km's from home as well as multiple 100+km's loops that keep me within 40-50 km's of home. Almost all of which are purely fun roads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts