Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I use to ride a lot, had SV650, ZX9, ZRX1200. This time around no need for freeway use and outright power, Just wanted something simple, light and easy in city. We have a lot of traffic in Seattle so I have no use for supersport 600s and above

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welcome from your Northern Neighbour. Good to see you got the red one. Red is faster :)

You will be very happy with this bike. I got mine on Oct 14. Been away from bikes for longer than i care to admit but did spend a few years on a succession of Scooters.

Stopped at a local bike store to check out gear and stuff. Was a Kawasaki Dealer. When i came out of the store a couple of people were hovering around the bike admiring it. One of them was a mechanic from the shop. Says they use the CBR at one of the local race tracks. (that and the 250 Ninja) says they smoke many on 600's in corners

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I plan to leave it all stock, I've done that aftermarket exhaust routine before and I'll pass this time. Only upgrade if you can call it that is better stickier tires, but I'm not about to throw money away and get rid of the stock IRCs right away, wouldnt mind if they wear out fast though.

Michelin Pilot Powers would look so sweet on my bike.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from your Northern Neighbour. Good to see you got the red one. Red is faster :)

You will be very happy with this bike. I got mine on Oct 14. Been away from bikes for longer than i care to admit but did spend a few years on a succession of Scooters.

Stopped at a local bike store to check out gear and stuff. Was a Kawasaki Dealer. When i came out of the store a couple of people were hovering around the bike admiring it. One of them was a mechanic from the shop. Says they use the CBR at one of the local race tracks. (that and the 250 Ninja) says they smoke many on 600's in corners
Scooters are very fun, when I was shopping for my toy, I wanted a 250cc or 300cc scooter but couldnt find one from Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki. Thats the perfect size imho not too big not too small. So I left the Kymco scooter store and headed for the bike shop and the 250R fitted me like a glove.

·
1,305 Posts
Scooters are very fun, when I was shopping for my toy, I wanted a 250cc or 300cc scooter but couldnt find one from Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki. Thats the perfect size imho not too big not too small. So I left the Kymco scooter store and headed for the bike shop and the 250R fitted me like a glove.
funny you should mention that, i ALMOST got a honda ruckus..

·
Registered
426 Posts
yes. scooters are fun for in town stuff. my last 2 scooters. a 150cc, and while i loved it for the most part. great on roads up to 80kph(50mph) but hairy on the hwy. maxed out at 100kph(60) ..so i got something bigger. a 460cc maxi-scooter. While better on the hwy i got disenchanted with it. such a big heavy waterbuffalo. I missed the 150 more and considered going back. but on a 250cc scooter. plus bikes >400cc insurance is quite a lot more.

then a few things came together and i discovered the Honda. Sat on one. moved it around. fell in love and i now own one and love it. happy happy joy joy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts