Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first time poster here with a question that may be kind of dumb... I don't see anyone else doing this sort of thing, and I'm wondering if there's a reason for it.

Pics related.

I haven't actually done any riding with the backpack attached yet, I wanted to ask you guys first if this was A) Safe, B) Legal, or C) Stupid. It seems to be planted on there pretty sturdy, and the only thing that I can see wrong with this picture is that it's a Jeep pack on a Honda bike (har har).

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks like a great Idea to me, seems like you got it strapped in pretty tight. I don't think its illegal but then again... that's relative to your location. As long as nothing falls out or it wont pop your seat off. I think its... (wait for it) genius! :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
No harm, no foul.

Please, just be sure that the loose strap(s) are tucked away securely. You don't want to know what can happen if it gets tangled up in the rear wheel/sprocket. Their are THOUSANDS of guys who've gone down badly because of that kind of thing.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have older First gear tail bag that converts into a back pack. Base stays on the bike. A guy at work sold his bike and didnt need it anymore. Best $20 i spent

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hey guys, first time poster here with a question that may be kind of dumb... I don't see anyone else doing this sort of thing, and I'm wondering if there's a reason for it.

Pics related.

I haven't actually done any riding with the backpack attached yet, I wanted to ask you guys first if this was A) Safe, B) Legal, or C) Stupid. It seems to be planted on there pretty sturdy, and the only thing that I can see wrong with this picture is that it's a Jeep pack on a Honda bike (har har).

Thoughts?
Amazon.com: Icon Urban Tank Bag Black: Automotive

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^ Which tank bag is that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did a rather long weekend trip with a backback tied to the seat - worked out okay for me.

Just tie it well and keep checking it for movement :) I ensured that it would always stay in touch with my back for me to know that it was there.

·
Banned
834 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I normally just wear my backpack, but for long trip I use a cargo net like the last picture in this thread. A few months ago, I did 260 miles in 5 hours with about 20 lbs of gear in my backpack strapped to the seat. Really makes a difference on a long ride to remove all the weight from your body.

·
Banned
834 Posts
I see some of you turned your bikes into cross country touring bikes. :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Not much turning was done.

Pretty much tank bag and bungie net + rope. Worked great.:D

I want to get saddlebags though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts