Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little over 600. I changed oil but not filter about 400 miles.Took in for service at 548. Told dealer I would change oil myself.Showed service manager filter after the fact. I took several pictures.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Very bad!!! One bad workmanship!!! Pls do check for valve clearance immediately & change SHIMs if needed immediately. Glad you didn't have a seizure.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i am new to motocycling but not to changing oil and oil filters. is that black circle part a rubber seal or gasket? what exactly is going on in that photo? anyone out there give a laymans terms on whats going on in that photo?

·
Registered
221 Posts
O I'd be pissed, this is why I do all my own servicing. The majority of mechanics I'v seen (MC and car) don't know what their doing. They just read a "chilton" or "haynes" and think they're expert mechanics.

I'v even watched videos on you tube from actual MC mechanic shops that show how to change a tire and the vast majority of them will take the brake caliper off and just let it hang by its pipe. Any real mechanic will tell you this is a NO-NO and you should always suspend it to release tension off the pipe. Trust me, its worth the extra hassle then to have to refill brake fluid and bleed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It looks like the person on the engine line grabbed a bad filer and slapped it on without looking. Probably trained that way - at 0.63 seconds per look that would be a couple of engines not built at the end of shift. I just don't see how an assembler could mangle a seal like that without a deliberate effort. But, like every back alley shade tree wrench has aid at least once, it should be ok. If you were dumping enough oil flow and pressure to hurt anything, it should have hurt it in 600 miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went today to dealer to talk to service manager about my concerns. Doug at Honda Powersports of Troy (ohio) said he did not see anything in engine adjustments that gave him any concerns. He also said that I was correct in showing him the filter and taking pictures. He said if anything comes of it He has my back.I have bought three bikes there over the years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts