Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else going? I can't wait to get my 250 out on that nice track!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Barber track was amazing and highly recommend you go ride it sometime!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry Redline but I don't have too much info. It was my first track ever and I didn't have a whole lot of help. I didn't care about lap times as I wasn't going fast. I was just simply there to improve my riding (I've had the bike 3 months when I went) and get better at cornering. Everyone else flew by me like some kind of race but like I said I wasn't there to impress anyone or try to out run a bunch of 600's. I'm a newbie and I rode like a newbie. Many, many people crashed but I rode within my ability and dod not, whew!
As for bike set up I didn't do anything special to it. Just taped the mirrors, lights, etc but no mods to anything made. Everything was still stock.
For feedback I would have to say it was absolutely worth the trip down there! Although I rode slower than everyone else I still pushed myself harder than I have on the street and for sure have become more comfortable with my bike and it's capabilities. The track was excellent with many turns and elevation changes, very fun!

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
That's cool, good on ya.

btw, are you still riding with the stock IRC tires? I found them fine once they were warmed up but put pirelli sport demons on 5000km ago and the difference is like night and day. corning is way better, the bike really sticks like glue.

All that's for road use as I don't use it on a track.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I am still using the stock tires that came on the bike when I purchased it. I do need a new set for next season so I'll look into those one you suggested, thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts