Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, ive been gone for a while from the forums, but i made a video of how to install the bazzaz z-fi on our bikes. first thing i gotta say is holllyyy Sh*t!! its a different bike. i really love it. went for a canyon run today and it is just sweet it picks up really nicely. here are the vids. part one and 2.

youtube.com

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I had the Bazzaz ZFI installed early last year along with my exhaust. There is definately a noticeable difference in low end torque. My bike is well broken and this year I am absolutely enjoying the snappy response. Endless smiles and giglling in my helmet. This bike is so responsive and the Bazzaz made enough of a diffrence in off the line response. I'm used to rider higher cc bikes and the 250 is living up to my expectations.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wheelies off the line without dumping clutch? If not then no thankyou

·
Registered
221 Posts
Where do you think it peaks now you have the Bazzaz?

Is the pull your getting off the line the same pull from the 6-8k rpm range that you get from a stock setup?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Where do you think it peaks now you have the Bazzaz?

Is the pull your getting off the line the same pull from the 6-8k rpm range that you get from a stock setup?

I can definately get 8 rpm off the line in first then easily close to redline and have the bike still pull. In third the bike loves the high rpms. Can easilty do 80kph in third with no issues. Wouldn't cruise in that speed though

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I can definately get 8 rpm off the line in first then easily close to redline and have the bike still pull. In third the bike loves the high rpms. Can easilty do 80kph in third with no issues. Wouldn't cruise in that speed though
did you actually get it tuned on the Dyno? i'm more familiar with the Dynojet stuff

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
did you actually get it tuned on the Dyno? i'm more familiar with the Dynojet stuff
No. Waffled back and forth about that. Was advised that the Dyno will make a difference but not alot. I guess the Bazzaz is geared for riders PC's with self mapping. The closest Dyno-tune in my neck of the woods is 3 hours away. I'm not racing the bike and the gains were negligable so elected not to

·
Registered
532 Posts
Interested how much of a difference this would make with a stock exhaust -- Been thinking about the Bazzaz in maybe a year once I'm completely used to the bike.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Interested how much of a difference this would make with a stock exhaust -- Been thinking about the Bazzaz in maybe a year once I'm completely used to the bike.
I am betting it will be a night and day difference. I think the gains from the correct air to fuel mixture for power will be greater than simply having a free flowing exhaust with a lean mix. Sound is a different story...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i just used the stock slip on exhaust map that came with it. i am sure you can get even more power and funk if you got it dyno tuned. as for increase in power. id say all around the rpm range, the throttle feels more heavy and has more ummph to it when you increase the throttle i like it. 3rd gear is my favorite! you can really feel it. between 5-8 it really pulls alot harder than it did stock. i am amazed. an for mpgs i am getting on average now in the 66 mpg range. still pretty good. i need to find a kawasaki 250 to race im sure it will beat it :)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
i just used the stock slip on exhaust map that came with it. i am sure you can get even more power and funk if you got it dyno tuned. as for increase in power. id say all around the rpm range, the throttle feels more heavy and has more ummph to it when you increase the throttle i like it. 3rd gear is my favorite! you can really feel it. between 5-8 it really pulls alot harder than it did stock. i am amazed. an for mpgs i am getting on average now in the 66 mpg range. still pretty good. i need to find a kawasaki 250 to race im sure it will beat it :)
Definately like a heavy throttle with touchy clutch. If I knew for a certainty that a Dyno can get me an increase in at least 6 horse power I'd be trailering my bike 3 hours to "The Dyno Guy". Not convinced I will get it though.

However, the gains i've got from my Bazzaz and full exhaust is noticedable. I love the low end torque

1 - 20 of 22 Posts