Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
My insurance license does not extend to BC, but I am reasonably certain that you will never be able to "find out who is cheapest" by taking a survey of riders. Each rider's particular driving history, location, number of other vehicles, home ownership, use of the vehicle and more enter into the rating process. So, while it is probably a good idea to get a short list of insurance companies that people in your area like, it will be up to each rider to contact an agent and get quotes. Hopefully, there are agents there that can quote multiple companies which helps you in the shopping process.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well Empty Sea that is true in alot of areas but here in BC we have 1 (one) choice
for an insurance company. The great and wonderful <koff koff> government monopoly insurance company known as ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia)

You have to get basic insurance from them. no choice. ICBC also oversees all driver licensing and testing. You do have the option of 3rd party insurance tho for things like comprehensive and collision etc which is usually ALOT cheaper.
You do need to meet some strict qualifiers for 3rd party tho. 10yrs driving experience and/or be atleast 30yrs old.

since i am a member of BCAA. i noticed they had 3rd party insurance so i decided to ask for a quote. they have strange rules to qualify. need to have had a class 5 license
(cars) for 4yrs and a class 6 (bikes) for 1yr. Told them that's stupid because 1)you dont need a class 5 to ride but do need a class 6. and would not a 5+yr class 6 rider
with a clean record, not even a parking ticket be less of a liability than a 1yr class 6 nooby?

·
Registered
724 Posts
^^^^ How can anyone humanly keep track of that stuff? Class 1,2,3,4,5,,6
IBCB and than also private insurance. Really thats just wrong.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^^ How can anyone humanly keep track of that stuff? Class 1,2,3,4,5,,6
IBCB and than also private insurance. Really thats just wrong.
You have no idea how ridiculous the system is in BC. Crazy!

Anyway, I have gotten a couple of quotes for the private insurance portion for those BCers who are interested:

Coast Capital: $395
inc. theft, 3 mil liab, $500 on gear, etc.

Megson Fitzpatrick: $210 but it did not specifically say what was included. I have to phone.

I have yet to get a quote from Beacon.

Anyone else?
What are people paying for the ICBC portion?

Skyway, perhaps you want to post your totals for others to see?

·
Registered
152 Posts
i can tell you that you'r still good in Israel we 3 insurance company's to choose from the catch is: "HAREL" Company insure only if you have 3 years riding history without using insurance and you older than 30 and the cost: 737$ per year

the second company is "ELIYAHU" which insure only someone who's older than 21 and with no more than 2 times at 3 years using the insurance the cost :1263$

the third company "POOL" is government enforced for the riders that don't qualify for the top 2 companies and the cost for the same rider as two above is:
1370$ per year

now this is insurance is only covering the body damage
third party insurance is another: 131$ per year
stealing insurance is another : 685$ per year
full bike insurance(only the bike damage, stealing, gear etc.. without the rider) is :1315$ per year

so for me the total cost is : 1315$+1263$= 2579$ per year

1 - 6 of 6 Posts