Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has begun... modifying what was already a beautiful bike. Both are very amatuer and practical changes: a pair of Yoshimura frame sliders (love these) and a CBR250R carbon fiber tankpad. :rolleyes:

The 'issue' is that this just leads to more--put my new saddlebags on tonight, will post pics tomorrow if they perform as expected. Think a slip-on and racing windscreen are in my near future. :D

114.jpg

117.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Looking good Ang...now get those stickers off your tank!!:D:D

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Sticker free!! ;)

Used the multi-purpose Honda cleaner (paint, chrome, plastic, etc.) and a microfiber cloth. With a little patience and persistence, the adhesive wiped of cleanly. :)

Now I'm a 'real' biker chic! :p LOL!
Go girl!!!! Welcome to the crew!!!:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Funny, I took mine off today too! I used a hair dryer and rubbing alcohol. There is a reason it's called rubbing! It looks good. I'm not sure if I'm going to do tank protectors. Jury is still out on that one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
What brand/style of paint did you use, Scott?
I tried to do a pic from my iPad. For some reason I can't upload it from my pic file. Anyway I used Rustoleum hi gloss with 4000 steel wool between coats. I dried it slowly in a cool dry place. It looks like the plastic. I think it's much better than the aluminum look.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice job.... You are right... one mod just leads to tons more.

I got the Yoshi SS Slip on and its awesome.... Pro Grip Tank Pad, Yoshi Frame Sliders, and red LED lights are in the mail!

I have been holding off on a tinted windscreen because ive heard that the removal of the stock and installation of the new screen is WAY trickier than you would think. If you get that done let me know how it goes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts