Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lowsided my bike a few months ago and got just about everything fixed now. However, the exhaust got smashed up and the exhaust header got bent. I'm trying to attach the header to the frame somehow (mount no longer lines up with bolt) so the vibration doesn't kill the cheap slipon that's on there right now. This is only temporary I've purchased a new slip on and header, but I dont want to tack weld the old header to the frame or anything like that, want to keep it clean and ready for the real setup. I was thinking of using wire to wrap it or something, this is the first bike I've worked on so if there is an obvious answer I apologize.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Post a photo if you can. That would help us find a reasonable solution.

You don't want a solid mount. The engine and exhaust system need to move and are not solidly mounted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I see things in two states: working and non-working. What causes them to flip states is some smacking! So it flipped from working to non-working due to some smacking. To flip states again, just smack it!

First, inspect exhaust hanger bracket on frame, is it in original condition and not bent out of shape? If not, bend it back into proper position, otherwise new exhaust won’t fit anyway.

Then bend back bracket on original exhaust as close to original position as possible.

Yeah, you can tie it up with some coat-hanger wire temporarily.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see things in two states: working and non-working. What causes them to flip states is some smacking! So it flipped from working to non-working due to some smacking. To flip states again, just smack it!

First, inspect exhaust hanger bracket on frame, is it in original condition and not bent out of shape? If not, bend it back into proper position, otherwise new exhaust won’t fit anyway.

Then bend back bracket on original exhaust as close to original position as possible.

Yeah, you can tie it up with some coat-hanger wire temporarily.
Thanks for the reply. The hanger bracket on the frame is fine, the bracket on the header got sheared open (the bolt hole) as the exhaust system got dragged on the ground. Even if the bracket was in tact the header bent slightly and doesnt line up with mount. I decided to use a pipe clamp temporarily, around the frame and header. New header on the way so the entire system should be buttoned up shortly. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts