Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried any other pipes apart from the yoshi and are happy with them?

I just payed $500au for a yoshimura stainless and carbon fiber tip pipe for my bike and it is hell loud, and now sounds like a dirtbike!

I understand that due to its one cylinder, its always going to have that traditional pit bike crack to it, but could it be muffled? Eg. repack the pipe? longer narrower baffle?

Has anyone had the same issue, and had any luck? or has anyone bought another pipe and is happy with it?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I like the performance and reasonably quiet but deep sound of the Akra carbon.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I am actually thinking about pulling the yosh off and going back to the stock muffler. Its just to damm loud for me and yes it does sound like a dirt bike

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
What does sound like a dirtbike mean?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Ah well scuse my age then.. most dirtbikes were 2 strokes till the last decade.

Wonder why ppl bought a single cyl 4 stroke bike that sounds like a ..umm.. er.. single cyl 4 stroke bike if they dont like it?

I'm sure its at the top of the sales brochure.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I bought it BECAUSE its a single.. there is something sweet about having the thump of one spark plug.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I personally like the sound of the yoshi (with or without the insert) and have no real problem with it sounding like a dirtbike cuz I kinda knew that was what I was getting into. I heard the areaP and that sounded pretty good too. I know my bike can't ever sound like a super bike and I don't think I could care less :D I'm having too much fun to care!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm saving my pennies for the new Hindle Euro-style muffler. Looks fantastic, deep sounding, and not obnoxiously loud.

That said, $99 for a stinking mid-pipe is robbery, and very un-Canadian Mr. Hindle.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i just hear a video on youtube of the dan moto black. that sounds the best i have heard so far. would like to hear it next to the akra but cant find a video of anyone riding it around

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
i just hear a video on youtube of the dan moto black. that sounds the best i have heard so far. would like to hear it next to the akra but cant find a video of anyone riding it around
Ive got an Akra vid on youtube but my camera sound does not do it justice.
Its simply the best sound and quiet enough with the insert in.
I will be getting a recording next weekend at the track and will make new vid and remove that one from youtube.
It was just made to show the differnce between Insert In and insert out.

Next best choices are Leovince, Arrow, and Hindle and possibly FMF.
Those are the only 5 brands that nobody complains about the noise.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
'DanMoto' and 'best exhaust' should NEVER go together in the same thread.. they are crap.

·
Registered
78 Posts
so.. they sound good. and i can replace it 3 times and still not have the price of an akra. lol. the akra is nice id buy it if i was buying for my 1000, but im not buying a pipe like that for a bike thats gonna get 100,000 miles put on it

1 - 20 of 37 Posts