Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried any other pipes apart from the yoshi and are happy with them?

I just payed $500au for a yoshimura stainless and carbon fiber tip pipe for my bike and it is hell loud, and now sounds like a dirtbike!

I understand that due to its one cylinder, its always going to have that traditional pit bike crack to it, but could it be muffled? Eg. repack the pipe? longer narrower baffle?

Has anyone had the same issue, and had any luck? or has anyone bought another pipe and is happy with it?

CBR250r (2012)

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
:) I don't know it is the BEST exhaust but the full S/S YOSHI is the one I like the BEST :cool: have see CBR250R's with must other exhausts on them, and like the LOOK, it not as LOUD as others :eek: works for me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i LOVE the look of the Yoshis as well, but am seriously considering the Arrow after some youtubing. it looks like the arrow's db killer makes A LOT of difference. can you buy db killers for the yoshi slip-ons?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have the Yosh SS slip on exhaust. It looks great much lighter than stock muffler but for me just to damm loud.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the Yosh SS slip on exhaust. It looks great much lighter than stock muffler but for me just to damm loud.
i'll let you know if this works for me, and put up a tut.
I've ordered a smaller baffle for mine and some insulating wool for my yosh ss slip on. I plan to re-pack the internals. There is no way im going back to the old pipe, its one of the CBR250r's biggest design flaws in my opinion.
I don't want it silent but i don't want the entire neighborhood waking up at 6:30am every morning because im warming the bike up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My buddy and I have a couple Danmoto Titanium Gp's coming, I'll post some pics and vids as soon as we get them installed. We paid $150 each shipping included.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Love Leo's, my fav (shd have got that) then Yosh, then Akro. All look awesome and sound throaty....the best of them is the Leo's as far as throaty. Grrrrrrr:p

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Installing the Two Bros M2 on Tuesday.

Honestly, anything HAS to be better than stock.

<----- Why don't I get a picture :(

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Installing the Two Bros M2 on Tuesday.

Honestly, anything HAS to be better than stock.

<----- Why don't I get a picture :(
pic from whom?????:confused:

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
After seeing vids on Youtube and hearing all the available exhausts that you can get for this bike, I've come to the conclusion that they're all too noisy for what I want. I think I'm going to stick with the standard one for now. I'd like it to be just a little bit more audible, but nowhere near the noise levels of the replacement exhausts that I've heard so far.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
^what wld be a cool is to keep the sound but change the looks. Slip on is good. Sorry, but I feel the stock exhaust is *** ugly:p. Agreeably, not everyone appreciates a loud exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Absolutely. Great bike and looks quite sexy;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts