• R&G

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 16 24.2%
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have the same question actually (I'm leaning towards Yoshimura though -- Just hard to find in Canada/not have to pay for shipping from the US).

·
Registered
107 Posts
I guess it depends on how you define "best".

I am going to go with bikers. I imagine any difference is going to be minimal in the level of protection they offer. Bikers however will give me a color choice on a variety of protective armor which lets me do a custom color scheme. I am going to get the spools as well (almost everything they offer in fact) in the same color so it is all uniform.

·
Registered
208 Posts
T-Rex Racing in Dallas, TX prototyped a set for my CBR. They are no cut and have two slidders on each side(1 top and 1 bottom). You can use both or just one.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I was just looking at the yosh fram sliders eariler today. I was surprised how pricey they were. But on the other hand im sure the cost of a new side panel would probley surprise you to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought the Intuitive because it costs substantially less and looks better - like it came originally with the bike. Easy to install. Had not had a chance yet to "evaluate" its performance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much did you pay for those? Just curious.
They were around $130 CDN (3900THB) and that including EMS postage. He's shipping them out next week, so I should have them the week after. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

·
Registered
532 Posts
T-Rex Racing in Dallas, TX prototyped a set for my CBR. They are no cut and have two slidders on each side(1 top and 1 bottom). You can use both or just one.
Any updates on when these will come to market? I'm leaning towards the Yosh's due to their higher placement (hopefully protect a bit better, and looks like Kipper already tested them, however I do like the idea of the T-Rex having 2 per side (if the cost is same/similar/cheaper than the Yosh).

·
Registered
208 Posts
The last e-mail I received(Dec 2011) said they should be for sale end of Jan. 2012 for about $125 USD. I just sent an e-mail to confirm. I will try to post some photos. The last ones I took did not show enough detail. Thier web site is www.t-rex-racing.com

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The last e-mail I received(Dec 2011) said they should be for sale end of Jan. 2012 for about $125 USD. I just sent an e-mail to confirm. I will try to post some photos. The last ones I took did not show enough detail. Thier web site is www.t-rex-racing.com
Interesting. If all goes well I'm picking up a VFR800 this spring (250R is wife's bike) and I see they have no-cut ones for that bike and cheap at only $70.

·
Registered
532 Posts
After reading some more, now I'm sort of 'torn'. Found this on a Ninja form, but the info still applies:

Frame sliders - NinjetteWiki

After googling and looking at some of the different types/models for the Ninja, it seems the better ones mount to a fairly significant bracket, which spans a decent amount of distance on the bike. Looking at what's available for the CBR250R, it seems to be:

Yoshimuras:
Yoshimura 2011 Honda CBR250R Chassis Protector Kit

Mount the highest, which might give the best protection, however the 'bracket' they use to mount doesn't seem very big at all, and I'd worry it would bend/damage the frame/engine in some cases.

Shogun:
MOTO911.com

Mount lower (which doesn't seem as good), but seem to have a much larger/substantial bracket. One worry I have about this one however (besides the lower point), is the fact that it sits very close to the engine. This makes me wonder if it bent/warped anything, would it be worse/possibly damage the engine in the process (I've heard other people comment on lower-mounted sliders as well doing more harm than good).

Anyhow, would love to hear some other opinions as well -- As I pick up my CBR from limbo (aka dealership storage) in another month or so I'd like to order something soon to install as soon as I have the actual bike.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just purchased a set of these new T-Rex frame sliders for my Ceebee. As TerranX said, they give you two per side. One is mounted higher in the gap of the fairing. The second is lower, by the crankcase. No cutting.

Price $154.95 shipped to a US address.
It cost me $174.95 US to have them shipped to the Toronto area.

Yes, it's pricey. But I think having both the fairing and the crankcase protected is a good idea. Here's hoping they live up to my expectations.
If you have any questions, I've been speaking via email with Hannah at [email protected] - Super helpful!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts