Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am learning to ride a motorcycle for the first time and i decided to get frame sliders as a "just in case" kind of thing since i dont PLAN to drop my bike but accidents happen. So, I have done my research on different types of materials and styles but couldnt find much info as to whats good and not.

So what would you all say is the best kind of frame sliders? So what brand, style, material, etc.? because i see brand name and no-brand ones on ebay and amazon and they seem unreliable so i just want to be sure. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have Shogun frame slider and it saved my bike from having serious damages. I low side on the exhaust side. Only had to replace rear brake pedal, exhaust, and right handle bar. Installation was easy, bolt to the engine and at the frame. Engine bolt torque is 6ft lbs. Yoshimura slider bolts to the frame, seem to work well but you'll have to do some research.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
The best kind of frame slider is an absent one. The CBR is designed very well to take falls, and the majority of frame sliders will damage your frame. And that means the bike gets totaled. There have been many demonstrations of this, and also how well the baby blade takes a fall.

The only time they would be a benefit is a tip over, not at speed, unless you're extremely lucky, and then they probably wouldn't have helped anyway. I'd save my money.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I went with the T-REX product.

I liked that dual sliders on each side. The frame mounts looked well designed and I think they will spread any impact load.
Same here

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Shogun frame slider and it saved my bike from having serious damages. I low side on the exhaust side. Only had to replace rear brake pedal, exhaust, and right handle bar. Installation was easy, bolt to the engine and at the frame. Engine bolt torque is 6ft lbs. Yoshimura slider bolts to the frame, seem to work well but you'll have to do some research.
I just installed the same frame sliders on my bike, but I feel like the shogun ones are too low on the bike to really protect the fairings as oppose to other brands that's strictly frame mounted and sit in fairings.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
559 Posts
I just installed the same frame sliders on my bike, but I feel like the shogun ones are too low on the bike to really protect the fairings as oppose to other brands that's strictly frame mounted and sit in fairings.
This facility(sliders) is only suitable for sterile racetracks when skating on the track. Even then, there a chance that the facility will do damage to the frame. When the facility encounters a bump in the track, or when the facility gets stuck in the sand (out of the track) it causes damage to the frame. If the side impact is strong, and all the effort moves to a point in the frame, it's causing damage to the frame.

And yes, it does give a sporty look!(y)(y)(y)

My motorcycle fell and slid at slow speeds, and the plastic, and the plastic mounts, and the sliders that Honda put into the weights at the end of the handlebars (on both sides), they did a great job, and apart from minor scratches no significant damage was done. The plastics absorb energy even when the blow is stronger, plastic can be replaced, aligning a frame is not always possible.

I agree with the following opinion:
The CBR is designed very well to take falls, and the majority of frame sliders will damage your frame. And that means the bike gets totaled.
I'd save my money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts