Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. Does anyone know of a good company to insure multiple bikes? Perhaps a multi-bike discount, or insuring the rider on any bike? It's too ******************** expensive otherwise.

· Registered
493 Posts
I have 7 bikes, 2 atvs, 1 speed boat, and 2 vehicles insured thru Progressive.

· Premium Member
2,049 Posts
AARP's plan with Foremost is quite inexpensive.

I pay <$60/year for 250/500/100K liability and 1K medical on 2 bikes.

For some reason (claims history?) the newer, smaller, lighter, slower bike costs more.

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Depends upon where you live and your driving history and what kinds of bikes they are and your age and your occupation and if you own your own home and and and and and....

I'm an insurance agent. There is a thread here with my comments about what to look for when buying motorcycle insurance.

That said, I have two bikes insured with Progressive with full coverage at the highest liability limits available and the total premium for both bikes is $452.00/year. I also think that an independent agent, who represents several companies, will probably provide a better insurance value for you than an a "direct" company (Geico, state farm, allstate, etc.)

· Registered
2,252 Posts
I have two offroad dirt bikes and my CBR250R insured by American Modern via Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance. I have the highest liability limits, underinsured/uninsured motorist, $10k medical (it was free, even on the dirt bikes!), and comprehensive loss (I discovered that homeowners' does not cover vehicles in a garage that are destroyed by fire or storm). The total premium is about $350 a year.

· Registered
1,503 Posts
We sell American Modern as well. Good company.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.