Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share that @ 1pm today I hit the 100 miles on the odo:

photo copy.JPG

(By the time I pulled over, ungloved, pulled my phone out of my pocket and took the pic it was 1:01)

At 36 years of age, this is my first motorcycle and in case anyone reading this site/thread is still making up their mind I'll say this...

For me, the CBR250R inspires confidence. It's fast enough to have "fun", it's responsive and light enough to help you feel you can "flick" it when needed and it doesn't feel like "too much bike". I'm 6'1" and find the riding position to be comfortable for my commuting needs.

I'm still very happy with my decision to go with this motorcycle versus listening to my peeps who kept echoing "go with a used 600". I'm sure I will eventually "upgrade to a 600" but I'm having too much right now to even think that far ahead.

I saw this quote either here or on another site as someones signature but it resonates with me:

"Everybody starts out with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before the luck runs out." - amirite

- Cheers cbr250.net! And Cheers to all of you who contribute to the good reading on this forum!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
aawwhhh!!! Sweet! Congrats and carry on! Love the quote, inspiring and very true. Sadly, some learn that wisdom with middle age and life experience. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Im kinda like you..this is my 2nd bike and i am 40....I only had my 1st bike for 2 years and that was about 17-18 years ago..so it was like learning all over again...

Earlier this summer I was only kinda thinkin about getn a motorcycle but was unsold on the idea..until i saw an ad for CBR250R that is....it was hard to think about much else after that...approx 1 week later I went to my dealer and put down a deposit...had to wait more than 2 months for.....i too feel one day i will upgrade to a 600...not as soon as next year tho..

who knows..maybe in a year or 2 honda will come out with a 600 in this body style :)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Im kinda like you..this is my 2nd bike and i am 40....I only had my 1st bike for 2 years and that was about 17-18 years ago..so it was like learning all over again...

Earlier this summer I was only kinda thinkin about getn a motorcycle but was unsold on the idea..until i saw an ad for CBR250R that is....it was hard to think about much else after that...approx 1 week later I went to my dealer and put down a deposit...had to wait more than 2 months for.....i too feel one day i will upgrade to a 600...not as soon as next year tho..

who knows..maybe in a year or 2 honda will come out with a 600 in this body style :)
Love your Signature....as Forest Gump would say "Stupid is as stupid does" :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts