Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys may have noticed that I'm probably the biggest whiner on the forums about the rattle. Mostly because I've always owned many Hondas and wanted desperately to _love_ this bike. Now I can.

I'm not sure who it was, but someone mentioned checking the farings in one of the many rattle threads. I finally did and one of my screws(the one closest to the back of your knee holding the black piece) had come halfway out. I just had it serviced yesterday and I guess the dealer didn't notice it either.

The rattle DEFINITELY sounded like it was coming from the engine which had me concerned.

I took it and several others out, put blue thread locker on them, and screwed them in really snug.

I just got back from a long ride and I'm 100% sure that was the problem.

Having that fixed I listened intently for the problem everyone else has been having at 5500 and all I could hear was a bit of valve noise. I've never owned a honda that didn't have excessive valve noise so it doesn't bother me at all.

I feel like I have a shiny new bike. I absolutely love this thing now. You all should check your farings closely if you have a rattle. I'm sure happy I did.

'njoy,
awk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd say it was the Thai workers who made these bikes are the ones with the loose screws :)
I actually had proof of it on my bike. When I removed the left fairing to install a gear indicator, I found two screws which had been dropped (presumably during assembly) into the bottom of the fairing. Looked at the discovery as an opportunity to prevent one potential cause of rattles.

·
Registered
96 Posts
that is so funny, YOUR loose screw or broken clip may not be in the same location.

lmfao. For real. Not to mention the bike has like 20 screws on the whole thing, just jump on it and tighten everything up. Made a HUGE difference on our bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
being a single cylinder, these bikes vibrate alot and screws do come lose, ask any dirt bike rider how many screws they have lost due to being a single cylinder, i regularly check every screws to make sure they have undone themselves

·
Super Moderator
2,044 Posts
Are there any pictures of this bike with the fairings off? I'd like to see a naked cbr250r.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts