Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys may have noticed that I'm probably the biggest whiner on the forums about the rattle. Mostly because I've always owned many Hondas and wanted desperately to _love_ this bike. Now I can.

I'm not sure who it was, but someone mentioned checking the farings in one of the many rattle threads. I finally did and one of my screws(the one closest to the back of your knee holding the black piece) had come halfway out. I just had it serviced yesterday and I guess the dealer didn't notice it either.

The rattle DEFINITELY sounded like it was coming from the engine which had me concerned.

I took it and several others out, put blue thread locker on them, and screwed them in really snug.

I just got back from a long ride and I'm 100% sure that was the problem.

Having that fixed I listened intently for the problem everyone else has been having at 5500 and all I could hear was a bit of valve noise. I've never owned a honda that didn't have excessive valve noise so it doesn't bother me at all.

I feel like I have a shiny new bike. I absolutely love this thing now. You all should check your farings closely if you have a rattle. I'm sure happy I did.

'njoy,
awk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd say it was the Thai workers who made these bikes are the ones with the loose screws :)
I actually had proof of it on my bike. When I removed the left fairing to install a gear indicator, I found two screws which had been dropped (presumably during assembly) into the bottom of the fairing. Looked at the discovery as an opportunity to prevent one potential cause of rattles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
being a single cylinder, these bikes vibrate alot and screws do come lose, ask any dirt bike rider how many screws they have lost due to being a single cylinder, i regularly check every screws to make sure they have undone themselves

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Are there any pictures of this bike with the fairings off? I'd like to see a naked cbr250r.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.