Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in an apartment complex with no garage units and the parking lot is far from my ground level apartment. Last night was my first night with the bike so I decided to park it in my living room so I could look at it and admire it without freezing outside. Anyone else ever heard of this and if it is illegal ect?

I'm sure once the new feeling wears off a bit I won't feel so unsafe about leaving it outside

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Too funny. Have no idea if its illeagal but i know a guy who kept his bike indoors in the spare bedroom during winter time. He built a ramp in order to do this. (to be honest...i'd sleep with my bike every night if I cld...now THAT wld be sick!!!! Next episode of "My Strange Obsession" lol):eek:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sounds wise. The complex may have rules against it - read your lease. Be as discreet as you can. You may want something under it although mine has never leaked a drop of oil. Just re-decorate your living room appropriately and don't let people sit on it when you have parties.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I know several (old) guys who have quasi-museums in their dwellings some with several bikes and bike memorabilia. I've always wondered about insurance issues.

Don't think I know anyone with a bike in an apartment but I knew a guy who built an airplane in his apartment and then had to take it apart to get it out.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Too funny. Have no idea if its illeagal but i know a guy who kept his bike indoors in the spare bedroom during winter time. He built a ramp in order to do this. (to be honest...i'd sleep with my bike every night if I cld...now THAT wld be sick!!!! Next episode of "My Strange Obsession" lol):eek:
You're a sick person, very sick.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You're a genuis! I keep my bike on my attached carport, covered with a sheet (haven't coughed up the $ yet for a real bike cover)... I hate being apart from her. BTW, my bike's name is "Shadow" and she's a girl. ;-P You show your bike the love, your bike will show you the love! ENJOY!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
the first moto i owned back in 1997 a 1978 cb300 i think it was, i kept in my first floor apt..i just would keep it on the low down due to the fact that some apts. have agreements about keeping gasoline out of the units..which is kind of ridiculous due to all the propane grills people keep next to thier back doors.. and yes live to ride you are a bit obsessed but at least youre honest..;->

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
You're a sick person, very sick.[/QUOTe

seriously, my bike is in the garage, sitting on a carpet with a cover. Was joking bout the reality show bout the guy who WAS actually in love with his car. Never saw the episode and hope I never do:eek:

·
Registered
636 Posts

seriously, my bike is in the garage, sitting on a carpet with a cover. Was joking bout the reality show bout the guy who WAS actually in love with his car. Never saw the episode and hope I never do:eek:
Sure it is..:D..theres some days i wound'nt mind chillin out in the garage with my moto and a little mood lighting and a bottle of wine..oh sorry got lost a bit there..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
1,305 Posts
if its not mentioned in the lease... then its far game, one of my neighbors has his dirtbike HANGING on the bedroom wall

suggesting though, get a carpet protector from lowes/hardware store ( the rolled up plastic sheet)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did your bike produce any strong smells in your apartment? I park my Ninja 250, which is carb instead of fuel-injected, in our small garage and sometimes a faint smell of gas permeates the house, even if I leave the bike outside for an hour or two before I bring it into the garage. This is one reason why I'm planning to buy a Honda CBR250r.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Did your bike produce any strong smells in your apartment? I park my Ninja 250, which is carb instead of fuel-injected, in our small garage and sometimes a faint smell of gas permeates the house, even if I leave the bike outside for an hour or two before I bring it into the garage. This is one reason why I'm planning to buy a Honda CBR250r.
His apartment smells of gas but it's not from the bike!! Maybe it's the Tex-Mex he's eating.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Sure it is..:D..theres some days i wound'nt mind chillin out in the garage with my moto and a little mood lighting and a bottle of wine..oh sorry got lost a bit there..:rolleyes::rolleyes:
What you guys do with your bikes is your business, we all have things in the closet. But,
if any of you ever do sleep with your bike be sure and use protection, remember, ATGATT!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

I saw that episode. Young kid with glasses and a red car. He claimed to of had sex with it.

Changed my life forever.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I live in an apartment complex with no garage units and the parking lot is far from my ground level apartment. Last night was my first night with the bike so I decided to park it in my living room so I could look at it and admire it without freezing outside. Anyone else ever heard of this and if it is illegal ect?

I'm sure once the new feeling wears off a bit I won't feel so unsafe about leaving it outside
I park mine in the same spot but behind my car. If I was in a similar situation as yourself, I would bring it inside but not before housebreaking it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Ex wife quit letting me bring my Shadow in doors. I have a garage and new wife now. If you bring it indoors you wont have to remove the battery for the winter and its warmer to work on.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Who cares if it is illegal... that's your baby! Would you leave your baby out in the cold? HAHAHA! Props for your love of the bike dude =]

·
Registered
14 Posts
My bike loves being outside. She feels trapped indoors ;) During the two months I may not ride during the winter she will hibernate in the garage. If it is riding season you can forget it LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts