Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last month Bike magazine promised a full ride report on the CBR250R. Instead all we get is a short 1 page gloss over. Bike being so performance oriented (they put down Harleys a lot.. e.g.: 'Harley Fat Bob, there's an 'L' missing in the name, also available as the 'Street Bob' (homeless variant)' ha ha..), they are careful to say that the CBR250R is not a performance/sport bike, fair enough....

My scanner would not scan, so I hope these digi point/shoot photos are legible...

There's an interesting bit.. they say that in the UK, the Honda costs 950 pounds LESS than the Ninja250 (!) so I checked the list prices.

At today's avg rate of 1 pound to 1.6 dollars, the list prices are roughly:

Ninja 250 4639 pounds = $7422.40
Honda 250 3688 pounds = $5900.80

I'm not sure how the cost of living in the UK compares to the US but on the surface those bikes are expensive compared to the US $3999 price !

I'm guessing that the 250 class is far more competitive in the UK so rather than go for price parity with the Ninja as they did for the US market, they've gone for a discount....

Can anyone in the UK comment ?

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts

I'm not sure how the cost of living in the UK compares to the US but on the surface those bikes are expensive compared to the US $3999 price !

I'm guessing that the 250 class is far more competitive in the UK so rather than go for price parity with the Ninja as they did for the US market, they've gone for a discount....

Can anyone in the UK comment ?

My understanding is the UK, like Australia have to have the bikes reach a particular standard . This adds aditional cost. In Australia the prices are CBR $5000 + on roads and the Ninja in $6000 + on roads.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Article suggest no suspension adjustment on the rear..
Have to read the manual again, but I thought there were 5 settings (1 being softest, 5 being hardest) and it is set to "2" from factory.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Article suggest no suspension adjustment on the rear..
Have to read the manual again, but I thought there were 5 settings (1 being softest, 5 being hardest) and it is set to "2" from factory.
I asked my dealer why we here in the ole US of A dont get a tool kit..just a helmet strap and an allen wrench..she confirmed this is all i will be getting but couldnt tell me why..I said I wanted a spanner wrench so I could adjust the suspension from 1 to 5 whenever I felt like it..she said to bring it by and they could help me with whatever I needed...I told her no way was I bringing my bike in to their shop to adjust something that I should be able to do on the side of the road in 30 seconds myself whenever I got the urge...i am still waiting to hear what the spanner wrench will cost me to order

·
Registered
210 Posts
I asked my dealer why we here in the ole US of A dont get a tool kit..just a helmet strap and an allen wrench..she confirmed this is all i will be getting but couldnt tell me why..I said I wanted a spanner wrench so I could adjust the suspension from 1 to 5 whenever I felt like it..she said to bring it by and they could help me with whatever I needed...I told her no way was I bringing my bike in to their shop to adjust something that I should be able to do on the side of the road in 30 seconds myself whenever I got the urge...i am still waiting to hear what the spanner wrench will cost me to order
Order the full tool kit (as a replacement) from any 'Honda Dream'(i.e. OEM bike) dealer in Japan if you really want it.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Both bikes made in Thailand and the N250 costs 147,500thb. The CBR250 100,000-110,000thb.

Tool kit included.

Kawa in Australia were forced to drop the price of the n250 there by A$1,500 to stay competitive I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts