Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
can you guide me?
My bike not starting in gear sometimes.i have to shift to neutral to get it started.
(I pull clutch all the way in before starting in gear)

When this happen,never hearing the relay clicking,or starter motor run.

It occured when engine super hot-80km ride,and just today when i cold started her.

And also,when i get it started in neutral,kill engine and again try to start in gear,it works,and never able to replicate it with 10-20 tries
But occures unexpectedly

Side stand is ok.i tried with and without it engaged

anything wrong with sparkplug or any others?
ONly 2000km on odo

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
If the starter doesn't crank, it doesn't have anything to do with the spark plug or any other parts of the engine. Make sure the side stand is up and the kill switch is set to run and the key is on. If it is not one of these, there is only the starter switch, wiring, battery, and relay. The last time someone had us guessing from all across the internet for weeks it was because he didn't tell us the bike had an aftermarket alarm that turned out to be malfunctioning.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
switch ok as i can start in neutral,
battery ok,as my lights,horn are perfect.

I may guess wiring or relay then,on net,someone wid 600rr told the clutch sensor has something to do with the neutral start and in gear no response of starter.
Is that true?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also my friend having cb-unicorn(india only 150cc,averaging 70km per litre) has told he had this problem,and svc changed his plug and it solved.thats why i suspected sparky

·
Registered
230 Posts
Your clutch switch is probaly erratic. Pretty much the most likely issue since it cranks in neutral but not in gear with the clutch pulled. Tell your dealer he will warranty it. If you have the service manual it talks about it on page 19-5. Truthfully this is the most likely issue. (Faulty clutch switch)

·
Registered
230 Posts
The clutch switch test involves pulling the two black wires from the clutch switch and then using an ohm meter to check for continuity at the switch. It is a normally "open" switch and only closes if the lever is squeezed in. So hook up your red meter lead to either side of the switch and hook your black up to the other and set the meter to ohms. Now pull the clutch a bunch of times and see if it ever even once doesnt go from open to close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts