Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I've been looking into getting some protection for a while now and can only seem to find bits n pieces from different manufacturers (I want to get them from the same brand if possible. Don't want it to look tacky). I need engine covers, clutch cover, alternator cover, radiator guard, frame sliders, axel sliders, etc. What I've found so far are R&G radiator guards, frame & axel sliders. T-Rex also has a few things like engine covers and frame sliders(which r the ugliest thing I've ever seen) but nothing else.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Any reason why?

Typically the bike protects itself just as well or better than any accessories you'll add to it.

If racing, maybe a radiator guard (which you can make yourself easily), and case guards. I'd stay away from frame sliders; they tend to do more damage than they prevent and can send the bike into a tumble.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had people back into my bike a few times and I also lowsided about a year. Figured the frame sliders would prevent any extensive damages.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've also never heard about frame sliders actually causing more damage until I joined this site. Doesn't that defeat the purpose on buying them ? Why even sell them?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hey. I've been looking into getting some protection for a while now and can only seem to find bits n pieces from different manufacturers (I want to get them from the same brand if possible. Don't want it to look tacky). I need engine covers, clutch cover, alternator cover, radiator guard, frame sliders, axel sliders, etc. What I've found so far are R&G radiator guards, frame & axel sliders. T-Rex also has a few things like engine covers and frame sliders(which r the ugliest thing I've ever seen) but nothing else.
Im selling the Yoshimura Frame slider that I took from my bike before selling it. Let me know if you wanna buy it, take a look on the other items that I have for sale. Let me know.

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/motorcycle-parts-sale/61593-sale-yoshimura-frame-sliders-fender-eliminator-oem-seat-cowl-more.html

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
The Yoshimura sliders are a good option.
I've never used sliders myself as I don't like the look of them, but a friend went down on his Gixxer the other day and his sliders worked perfectly and saved him from a LOT of damage.

·
Registered
392 Posts
The Yoshimura sliders are a good option.
I've never used sliders myself as I don't like the look of them, but a friend went down on his Gixxer the other day and his sliders worked perfectly and saved him from a LOT of damage.
I never dropped my bike so the ones that I took of and im selling now are like new ones, let me know if you wanna buy them, also I have other accessories for sale.

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/motorcyc...cowl-more.html

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I've also never heard about frame sliders actually causing more damage until I joined this site. Doesn't that defeat the purpose on buying them ? Why even sell them?
They sell them because people will buy them. Duh! :grin2: They only really help at low speed or tip overs, which the bike protects itself well anyway. You might scuff a mirror, bend a clutch lever/brake lever, or scratch mirror plastic, but all that combined is cheaper than the cost of sliders, which will only protect your fairings in all honesty. Your bars/mirrors/footpegs will still hit and get damaged.

Sliders can also bend the frame if they hit hard enough in a more severe accident. Bent frame = totaled bike. They can also catch on uneven pavement and flip the bike over into a tumble.

Reactions: live_to_ride

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Agree cbrlocal. Unless we can implement a force field around our bikes like the Starship Enterprise, our bike will sustain some damage should it go down. Great thing with the 250, parts are cheaper than added gagets. Insurance is the best protection for pricier crashes.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Insurance is the best protection for pricier crashes.
+1.

I had Oggy frame sliders on the 250 and on my current GSXR. If I could go back, I would not have bothered with them on the CBR as the parts are so cheap if you go down. The Gixxer on the other hand has some seriously pricey parts. The way I see it, the knobs will pay for themselves in a low impact drop. And if its a big off, I'm probably looking at an insurance claim regardless.

If you're racing, search the forum for the DIY radiator guard and pick up some case covers.

I don't think any one manufacturer makes the full list of bolt-ons you are looking at. Also look at lightech, yoshimura, woodcraft, and oggy to see what they make.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts