Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I attended the bike show in my area as well. Honda has introduced a new model that doesn't seem to fall into the sport or touring class. It is the NC700 series. Looks like a cross between the VFR, CBF and CB series. I personally dont't like the looks and it's definately heavier than the 250. Could be classified as a middle-weight between the 250 and 600. I personally would choose the 600rr before the NC700. Matter of taste in looks but the NC700 would be more user friendly and less throttle sensitive for those moving up to a more torquey bike. Also took a good look at the new Ninjas and was quite surprised and disappointed on the body work. Helped me appreciate that Honda does better body work on the cbr250r for its price range. The lines on the Ninja were uneven and looked hastely put together. The rivets didn't match. Again a matter of taste. All in all I left still pleased with my bike purchase from the year before, my cbr250r.:D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Glad to see our bike getting good promotion. Honda has it as 1 of 4 bikes pictured on their billboard campaign that I see all around my area but they don't do nearly as much with it as Honda Canada does. I like the "Jack be nimble, Jack be quick" and "1/4L" add copy. I am working on making up some shirts. Did they offer any big discounts at that show? Seven other people got $1000 off and immediate delivery on left over 2011's from Brampton Powerhouse for their CBR250R at Toronto. $3000 out the door and financing!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Glad to see our bike getting good promotion. Honda has it as 1 of 4 bikes pictured on their billboard campaign that I see all around my area but they don't do nearly as much with it as Honda Canada does. I like the "Jack be nimble, Jack be quick" and "1/4L" add copy. I am working on making up some shirts.
Is that orange/grey color scheme int the "Jack Be Nimble" ad available? It looks great! Also, let us know about the shirts :)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Orange CBR125R wanted

Is that orange/grey color scheme int the "Jack Be Nimble" ad available? It looks great! Also, let us know about the shirts :)
Isn't that cool? That was the 2011 color which should have some still available new for $3100. The 2012 CBR125R is offered in Repsol team colors or black and has gone back up in price. I'm looking for a used orange/ grey to import back to the US if anyone ever sees one for sale in Ontario.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I attended the International Motorcycle show I Novi Michigan. It was packed. Vendors had some great deals. Lots of custom bikes as well as the new 2012 models. Many rode there bikes there and I have never seen that happen in january. Weather has been crazy warm this winter so far

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
How about this one Sendler

2009 Honda CBR - Sudbury Sport Bikes For Sale - Kijiji Sudbury Canada.

I can go have a look at it if your interested.
Hey! That's great! Thanks for looking. I really have my heart set on the orange 2011. If you find one of those, I will be there in a flash with the cash. I may even just end up buying a new left over one from Brampton or Ottawa although I have read that it is easier to cross the border with a used bike for some reason. $3100 for a new CBR125R is such a deal that I have to think there will be a few that were bought on impulse that will come back for sale the first year when the person finds out how fast they are not. No tuck, no breaking even 70mph.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hey! That's great! Thanks for looking.
I'll keep an eye peeled for you. These bikes are much like the CBR/Ninja 250's in that the suffer from first bike syndrome. New rider buys them and they either a) don't like riding as much as they though, or b) want to upgrade to something bigger. So they come up for sale pretty regularly.

I don't know about importing from Canada to the US, I do know what the requirements are the other way though. You'd be wise to do some research otherwise you may get a bit of surprise.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I don't know about importing from Canada to the US, I do know what the requirements are the other way though. You'd be wise to do some research otherwise you may get a bit of surprise.
There are guys in the US riding CBR125R's so it is possible and I read that one dealer in Wisconsin actually imported 10 of them a few years ago to put on the showroom. It is impossible to do with a car anymore but bikes still don't have the same strict emissions standards. If I ever did buy a pre gen CBR125R I would have to move the mirrors out onto the fairing as I wouldn't be able to see the handlebar mounted ones while tucked. And, I like the bigger wheels of the new gen. It might rob some jump off of the line but should be a bit more stable from buffeting in the rain on the highway.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
CBR250dirt.JPG

This is pretty cool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts